Problem with trial version

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

sam

Problem with trial version

Post by sam » Dec 21, 2005 7:37 pm

I downloaded and installed the trial version of Earmaster Pro 5 Build 584P on Windows XP SP1. I have not used it before. In Help:About Earmaster, it says:
Trial version day 1 of 21.
However, when I try to use it, it gives the dialog box:
The evaluation period has expired. You need to buy a license to continue using Earmaster. -All MIDI sounds have been turned off. {OK}

Earmaster seems interesting, but I'd like to try it to make sure it fits my needs before purchasing it!
;-(

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Dec 22, 2005 4:15 am

If you have limited user rights on the computer then EarMaster cannot control the trial period. Therefore it will act as if the trial period had expired. Please make sure you have Power user og Administrator rights in Windows.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

sam

Post by sam » Dec 22, 2005 6:30 am

I was taught to never run programs as Administrator. Doesn't that leave the computer more vulnerable to viruses?

If I run the trial version once as Administrator to let it start the trial period, then can I run it subsequently as a limited user?

If I like it and buy the full version, will I be able to run the full version as a limited user?

Thanks, and kind regards.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Dec 22, 2005 6:52 am

Yes, it should be enough to run EarMaster once with Administrator rights.

This is only a limitation on the trial version. The full version does not have this requirement.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster