EM 6 Microphone not working in all lesson option

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

leonB
Ear training freshman

EM 6 Microphone not working in all lesson option

Post by leonB » Nov 09, 2012 11:35 pm

The Mic sets up fine in the calibration wizard but works only when using the Interval Singing Activity. In other activities eg Melodic Sight Singing there is no indication of Mic signal in the mic signal level bar next to the MIC Icon.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 12, 2012 8:25 am

Hi Leon,
Could you please send your question to support@earmaster.com and mention your operative system and the type of microphone you are using?

Thank a lot in advance.
Bets regards,

Quentin
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

clerks
Ear training buff

Post by clerks » Nov 23, 2012 3:48 am

hi,
I have the same trouble on win8 64(pro) The microphone works on "interval singing" but it doesn't work on "melodic sight singing" and "melody imitation".
Should i sent something to support ? or this bug will be solve ?
Marco

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 23, 2012 4:00 am

Hi Marco,

I think you might not have set the right settings or toggled the microphone on for the Melodic Sight-Singing activity. We are using the feature daily, and have even been demoing it publicly, and it worked great.

Let's try to find out what goes wrong :)

1. In the sight-singing exercise, have you activated the microphone input? (top right of the window)
2. Is the vocal range option set correctly? (FILE-->USER PROPERTIES)
3. Are you using headphones? If you are not using headphones, there are good chances that the mic is picking up the accompaniment or the metronome clicks, which will cause the program to include those sound as part of your answer.
4. In case, run the mic calibration tool again (TOOLS menu).

Please let me know if that helped

clerks
Ear training buff

Post by clerks » Nov 24, 2012 12:33 am

Hi Quentin thanks for answered me.

1. In the sight-singing exercise, have you activated the microphone input? (top right of the window) : yes I did

2. Is the vocal range option set correctly? (FILE-->USER PROPERTIES) yes, i think so

3. Are you using headphones? If you are not using headphones, there are good chances that the mic is picking up the accompaniment or the metronome clicks, which will cause the program to include those sound as part of your answer: I use headphone, and montoring (Focale solo6 Be) and nothing change...

4. In case, run the mic calibration tool again (TOOLS menu).
I did too, many times but it change nothing.
I use a Audix Om7 microphone (very Handy cause it's an hyper cardio, and very precise micro too). My system is a DAW , use RME driver (Raydat HDSPe ) on Win8 Pro 64. As i said on "interval singing" it's work fine no probleme.

See this gif :Image
Marco

clerks
Ear training buff

Post by clerks » Nov 25, 2012 7:41 am

Ok, today i ré install earmaster, everythings seems ok today until , ear master crash 8-o :i was working on earM,( and now i could use on "melodic sight singing" and "melody imitation" :-P ) earM crash :
- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-11-25T14:27:04.000000000Z

EventRecordID 6079

Channel Application

Computer DAW-Hell

Security

- EventData

Ear60.exe
50a27069
fluidsynth.dll
4bcc546c
c0000005
00009c6b
01cdcb1452cafc07
C:\Program Files (x86)\EarMaster Pro 6\Ear60.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\EarMaster Pro 6\fluidsynth.dll
2ecf800f-370c-11e2-be71-485b390a3708
AnyWay it works, but i had some crash and some msgbox like "adresse violation...". I hope it could be fix in the future.
Marco

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Dec 03, 2012 8:51 am

Hi Marco,
I have forwarded the error message to the devs, so that they may have a look.
Cheers,
Quentin

Kappow
Ear training freshman

I fixed it

Post by Kappow » Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm

I had the exact same problem, but I fixed it by un-checking "Optimize pitch detection for lower ranges".

Does that help?

-Kappow

clerks
Ear training buff

Re: I fixed it

Post by clerks » Dec 09, 2012 11:34 am

Kappow wrote:I had the exact same problem, but I fixed it by un-checking "Optimize pitch detection for lower ranges".

Does that help?

-Kappow
Thank you, for your help. About micro it's working, since i ré install. About crash i still have some crash, uncheking "Optimize pitch detection for lower ranges" don't change that . But if i check it the note detection is very bad, if i uncheck i seems to work, but no change about crash as i said before. I still have some crah (about one every two hours , more or less).
It's the sound fount dll who crash. I increase latency. At the begenning i was with 128 buffers, now 256 but no change.
Marco

martijn
EarMaster.com

Post by martijn » Dec 10, 2012 8:27 am

Hi All EarMaster Pro 6 users on Windows,

We have recompiled the Fluid synth for windows, which might solve some issues. This probably means less sound related crashes.
If you update your EarMaster Pro 6 copy tomorrow you will have it.
Martijn

clerks
Ear training buff

Post by clerks » Dec 11, 2012 7:24 am

Hi, thank you. I'm trying this new version. If i experiment new crash i will tell you.

But, i didn't talk about another issue i have before(and now). It seems that the sound of piano as a strange 'gate' at the end, like the release (or decay i don't know the difference between) is interputed very suddenly, when i work on 'harmony'.

Actually i re work on third minor and major, and i'm really depressed cause i'm worse and worse and i don't know if it's me(yes shure it's me :laugh3: ), but i can't 'hear' the difference between major and minor when it's play on 'harmonic' style.

With this new verion it seems little better, but not like the 5 version.
It seems that one on two sounds 'correct' but it's still very difficult to ear for me.

One more thing each time i start Ear master ask me to make my configuration: tessiture, input audio, latency, (since' i ré install it). Do you thing i need to uninstall before re install) to avoid this issue ?
Marco

martijn
EarMaster.com

Post by martijn » Dec 12, 2012 5:47 am

Regarding the piano sound:

Windows users can go to "Tools" in the main menu, and then select "MIDI devices". This will lead them to a window with in the lower right corner a drop down menu called "Buffer size". Increasing this buffer size decreases the chance for distorted playback but increases the latency. Decreasing this buffer size has the opposite effect.
Martijn

clerks
Ear training buff

Post by clerks » Dec 13, 2012 3:05 am

Hi, i know about latency. My DAw is fast :i7980x(6 core at 3.33GHz), 12Go of Ram, SSD for system and software, another one for sample library, and one more for project, Rme ASIO driver work at 32 buffers(0.7 ms in, 1.5 ms out) latency with big project without any issue.

Today i chek all value of latency (even 2048) and it change nothing about the probleme with the sound. I still have some 'gate' at the end and the chords or the notes sound, they can't finish their natural sound.

I tried with earMAster 5 (with microft synth) it's OK, more over i don't have any trouble with third (minor or major, more or less 98% good each time). With ear Master 6 on the major minor third i ear nothing, two week i work on it and can't pass (more or less 20% ).

I made another test with EarMaster6, instead of use soundfont i use Microsoft wavetable : Same issue, the sound are shortness, and i can't ear the différence between major and minor third. I re checked with earmaster 5 :it was ok, i could 'ear' and no trouble with minor and major .

So really thing that i have a trouble with ear master 6.

Don't have any crash yesterday, it seems that the last version fixed the instabillitty issue of FluidSynth soundfont, Thank you.
Marco

martijn
EarMaster.com

Post by martijn » Dec 13, 2012 3:26 am

Hi Marco,

I recommend you to write to our customer service email address, so we can give you more specialized help.
The email address is: saleandsupport@earmaster.com
Martijn

clerks
Ear training buff

Post by clerks » Dec 13, 2012 4:31 am

Thank you. I'll write.
Marco