Note value mouse pointers and accidentals shortcuts

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Note value mouse pointers and accidentals shortcuts

Post by Guest » Jan 17, 2006 6:41 am

Hi

In the Rhythm dictation exercise, when I choose a note value, the mouse pointer changes to the symbol representing that value, however when choosing ties, rests, or dotted values, you don't see a tie, dotted value, or rest symbol, and this leads to very annoying situations, as most of the time I rely on what I'm seeing and not on what keys i've pressed.

Also, on those exercises that is possible to use the staff for input, you can press 7 or 9 to enter flats and sharps, but it seems there are no shortcuts to enter double sharps and double flats, so it's necessary to use the mouse.

Adding these shortcuts and more mouse pointers would make EearMaster a little bit mor user friendly.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Jan 18, 2006 4:36 am

Thank you for your feedback. We have it on our list of future improvements to add more cursors.

The double sharp and double flats are not used so often and if you look at Sibelius or Finale they also have direct shortcuts only to flat and sharp, but not double flat and double sharp.

In EarMaster you can however use the keyboard to select them. Press the keys, one at the time: ALT - N - D

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen

mike7m7
Ear training freshman

Rests

Post by mike7m7 » Feb 02, 2006 3:21 pm

I can't find any way to input rests or ties in the rhythm dictation exercise. They don't appear as the current mouse symbol, but even worse, they don't show on the staff - so far as I can tell, they aren't there at all. That seems to make many of the rhtyhm dictation questions impossible to answer correctly. Is there a way to get round this? I really want to use that exercise!
I'm interested in jazz harmony, play piano. Presently taking courses in jazz ear training, jazz harmony, and Latin workshop.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Feb 07, 2006 6:59 am

You can use the menu "Notes" or the note toolbar to select rests and ties.
Please don't be confused that the mouse cursor does not change to a rest. The mouse cursor remains to show the note value as a note, but the symbol that will be inserted when you click on the staff is a rest.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

Post by Guest » May 08, 2006 2:39 am

Hi

First of all thanks for that update released some time ago adding this, but still there is one missed, the dotted notes, the cursor doesn't have the dot.