clicking on button and clapping

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Ellenm
Ear training rookie

clicking on button and clapping

Post by Ellenm » Nov 23, 2013 5:23 am

I am trying to click with my mouse on the begin button and immediately begin clapping. I can't do it. I think I should be able to hear the rythmn first and then start clapping. But the results are posted after the first run through the rhythm. Probably my settings are wrong. I tried many different settings, but could not find the right one.

I have the most basic version of ear master. I am using the standard suggested setting for beginners. I have a trial version now.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: clicking on button and clapping

Post by Quentin » Nov 25, 2013 6:47 am

Hello,

EarMaster doesn't start evaluating your answer before it registers a clap. If you are using Microphone input and the sensitivity setting is set too high (in the microphone tuning wizard from the TOOLS menu), then EarMaster might mistakenly consider background noises or even the sound of the metronome as your answer, which would start the evaluation immediately. There are 2 things you can do to solve that:

* Lower the sensitivity of the microphone input in the Mic Tuning Wizard (TOOLS menu)*
* Use headphones so that the sounds of the metronome don't get picked up by the microphone.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -