No sound from midi keyboard

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

titiyoyo
Ear training enthusiast

No sound from midi keyboard

Post by titiyoyo » Jul 03, 2014 8:14 am

Hi,

I can't make any sound using my midi keyboard in Earmaster pro 6 (mac version). It's an m-audio keystation 49 and it is selected in the midi section in the preferences but still no sound goes out from it... It's really annoying that it doesn't work because I want to learn a bit of piano with Earmaster

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: No sound from midi keyboard

Post by Niclas » Jul 04, 2014 4:52 am

Hi

When you are in an excercise, there is a button on the right on the toolbar that is called midi-in. This button has to be "pressed in" in order for the midi keyboard to work. If that doesn't help please try to restart the program, and if that doesn't work restart your computer and see if that helps.

-Niclas

titiyoyo
Ear training enthusiast

Post by titiyoyo » Jul 05, 2014 4:39 am

It helped yes (even though I tried those things a few times before posting my message).

But still, when using the midi keyboard, it's hard to make earmaster write the note I'm playing, even when pressing CTRL

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Jul 07, 2014 3:00 am

Okay. Do you mean that EarMaster only writes some of the notes you are playing? Or is it more like sometimes i writes them all, and sometimes none?

titiyoyo
Ear training enthusiast

Post by titiyoyo » Jul 07, 2014 3:46 am

I figured the note writing problem, it was when striking a second note while releasing the first one.
Things are good if I play the two simultaneously.

Still, some keys get stuck playing, even though i released them on the keyboard. Sometimes it stops after playing other notes but sometimes I have to restart earmaster...

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Jul 08, 2014 2:15 am

You can try to go to tools->preferences->midi devices, and turn on "prevent hanging midi-notes". I am not sure if this will fix it, but it might be worth a try.