"add new chord" not possible

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

bobmusic
Ear training enthusiast

"add new chord" not possible

Post by bobmusic » Sep 21, 2014 1:45 am

Hello,

i choose Customized Activity training mode, do a "right-click" in the list of chords in the Activity Setup window and choose "new chord". In the window that appears i can't do anything. When i choose existing chords, i can't edit them and i can't add a new chord. At least i don't understand how to. Clicking on notes on the keyboard has no effect, everything else ist greyed out. What do i overlook?

Best regards, Robert

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: "add new chord" not possible

Post by Niclas » Sep 22, 2014 5:46 am

Hi Robert

When i test it here, it works fine. So i will walk you through how i do it.

First of all you should make sure that you have the latest version (help->check for updates). I select customized activity and chord identification. When the activity setup opens, i press the "add new custom chord" button, which is displayed as a few notes with a green plus (you can also do it by right-clicking, like you mentioned). Then a window opens with a keyboard displayed. Here you select the tones that your chord should consist of. When you have selected the tones you want, you should give the chord a name, and select OK. Then the chord you have created will be in the list of chords.

Let me know if this works for you.

-Niclas

bobmusic
Ear training enthusiast

Re: "add new chord" not possible

Post by bobmusic » Sep 27, 2014 2:52 am

Hi Niclas,

thank you, that works.
What i tried was the same procedure, but in the "chord inversions" exerxise. Here i can't edit anything.
As i understand it now, i have to create new chords in the "chord identification" exercise and have then access to them in the "chord inversions" exercise.

Best regards, Robert