Midi input issue

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

TrompetEWI
Ear training enthusiast

Midi input issue

Post by TrompetEWI » Sep 24, 2014 8:50 am

Greetings,

This is my first post, I haven't actually purchased EM6, for now I'm just evaluating, but I already have run into an issue.

I'm using Windows 8 64bit. My Audio interface is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, which is working fine. I am using a M-Audio Uno Midi interface, my Keyboard is a Korg SP170. This setup is working fine in my other audio programs (Digital Performer 8, Notion 5, Sampletank 3, etc) HOWEVER, when I try to play my answers in EM6, it doesn't seem to accept some of my notes. One answer will be fine, I go to the next question, and it only tracks my first or second note.....???

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Edward

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Midi input issue

Post by Niclas » Sep 29, 2014 5:43 am

Hi Edward

I apologize for the late response.

We've tried to look into this issue, and it could be the M-audio UNO that is the problem. At least it seems like a lot of other people have had some issues with it http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.ph ... o-Problems

In fact, it seems like that there has been so much trouble with this audio interface, that it is possible to get it exchanged to one that works like it should http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=163367

-Niclas

TrompetEWI
Ear training enthusiast

Post by TrompetEWI » Sep 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi Niclas,

But I'm not having any midi issues with all my other programs (Digital Performer, Notion, Sibelius, Band in a Box, etc) ???

Thanks,
Edward

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Sep 30, 2014 2:55 am

Yes, and that is quite weird. However, since your Focusrite audio interface works fine in EarMaster and the M-Audio doesn't it seems like it is in fact an issue with M-Audio UNO. Also the fact that some of the tones are recognized correctly and some of them are not, seems like it is the midi signal that the UNO is sending.

When you used your focusrite, did you use the the same midi keyboard?

-Niclas

TrompetEWI
Ear training enthusiast

Post by TrompetEWI » Sep 30, 2014 6:52 am

Yes, I'm using the same Keyboard, but after reading all the problems people have had with the Uno, perhaps the best thing is to just replace it, I'll work on that, Thanks so much!
Edward