Glitches in Earmaster 6 for Mac

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

bdal
Ear training enthusiast

Glitches in Earmaster 6 for Mac

Post by bdal » Jan 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi guys!

I'm experiencing some weird glitches. I'm unable to fully explain what happens, so I recorded a screen capture of the thing.

Here is the link http://tinypic.com/r/2i9t21l/8

Basically what happens is that Earmaster's response to my input is slightly delayed (milliseconds), then when it catches up it enters to many notes, so I have to correct it afterwards by dragging the notes in place.

The other glitch, seen in the second exercise example, is having Earmaster enter an entirely different note than the one I clicked: it repeatedly enters a different note than the one I am entering, and I have to drag the notes into place to complete the exercise. In other words; the solimisation step I pick (do-re-mi, etc) does not match with they output Earmaster is drawing on the note staff.

I am running the newest version of Mac OS(Yosemite) and Earmaster is 6.1.1

I've been having these errors since I downloaded and installed Earmaster 6 via the Mac App Store a couple of months ago, but nothing has changed.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Glitches in Earmaster 6 for Mac

Post by Niclas » Jan 20, 2015 6:54 am

Hey there

Thank you for posting this. We will test it and try to re-create it, and then get back to you.

-Niclas

bdal
Ear training enthusiast

Post by bdal » Jan 22, 2015 1:17 am

Okay, great.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Jan 27, 2015 6:39 am

Are you using the trackpad, or an external mouse?

-Niclas

bdal
Ear training enthusiast

Post by bdal » Jan 31, 2015 5:11 am

I am using an external, wireless(bluetooth) mouse

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Feb 02, 2015 6:56 am

Is it possible for you to try with another mouse? If you are on a MacBook then just try the trackpad, and see if that is better. If not, do you have another mouse you can try? perhaps a non-wireless one?

bdal
Ear training enthusiast

Post by bdal » Feb 16, 2015 8:03 am

Niclas wrote:Is it possible for you to try with another mouse? If you are on a MacBook then just try the trackpad, and see if that is better. If not, do you have another mouse you can try? perhaps a non-wireless one?
I tried using it with a wired mouse, and with only the trackpad (wireless and wired mouse disconnected). But the glitches are still there.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 18, 2015 4:27 am

Hi,
There's an update to the Mac Appstore version coming up (currently under review by Apple). It might fix the problem you are experiencing.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

bdal
Ear training enthusiast

Post by bdal » Mar 11, 2015 4:09 am

The update didn't change anything for me, the glitches are still the same. :cry:

Is it possible for me to install Earmaster 6 on a different Mac account if I have purchased it through the App Store, or I would I have to uninstall it from my main account first? I am asking, because I want to see if a fresh install on a new system would remove the glitches.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Mar 11, 2015 7:29 am

I think you can install it on a different computer as long as you login into the Appstore using your own Apple ID (Appstore purchases are linked to one's Apple ID). However, it seems that the Appstore is down many places around the world today, so there is a chance you will have to wait a little until it's running again.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -