Rhythmic dictation glitch (?)

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Alexander
Ear training rookie

Rhythmic dictation glitch (?)

Post by Alexander » Feb 07, 2015 12:24 pm

I'm on Module 10, lesson 2/4 -- sixteenth note groupings. The program isn't allowing me to notate what I hear. I select notes to appear on the bar, and nothing happens. Can you help?

Update to this post: I've been putting the cursor at the end of the bar and notating in sequence what I remember was played. When I do this, as it turns out, the program actually registers the notations that I make. The notations themselves, however, do not appear.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Rhythmic dictation glitch (?)

Post by Quentin » Feb 09, 2015 4:08 am

Hello,
Are you using OSX or Windows?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Alexander
Ear training rookie

Post by Alexander » Feb 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Windows.

That lesson was the last time I've had that problem. Rhythmic dictation has been visibly registering my notations since I finished that lesson (and I'm on module 11, lesson 8 now). Odd. Any explanation for this? What can I do if I encounter this problem again?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 11, 2015 3:19 am

Hi,

I have not been able to reproduce the error you are describing, so I am not sure what could have caused it. I think that if it happens again, you could maybe try to change the zoom value (top right of the screen). For example, move it 10% up and then back to the original value you were using. It might help.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Alexander
Ear training rookie

Post by Alexander » Feb 11, 2015 9:27 am

Thank you.