Melodic Site singing recognization

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Onemoretime
Ear training rookie

Melodic Site singing recognization

Post by Onemoretime » Mar 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi All

I can't seem to get the timing right. The first note is almost always clipped or sometimes even missing altogether. When does the program start recording?

I've tried singing just as the first tone is played. I've waited until just after it finishes. Did the same with the metronome ticks.

Also I've noticed that the blue line which indicates a tone is heard lags well behind my singing.

I'm using an I3 PC with Windows 7.

Thanks
Mitch

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Melodic Site singing recognization

Post by Niclas » Mar 06, 2015 3:56 am

Hi Mitch

Could it be that the microphone is capturing the metronome clicks as your answer? This happens quite often. Try lowering the speaker volume, or try using a headset and see if that is better.

You can also try to increase the buffer size in midi devices tab in EarMaster properties.

-Niclas

Onemoretime
Ear training rookie

Re: Melodic Site singing recognization

Post by Onemoretime » Mar 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks Niclas

I fixed it. I needed to turn the sensitivity up to max. Now to start working on my pitch problem. Apparently I've been singing somewhat flat consistently. Not sure when it happened. I've taken voice lessons and none of my teachers mentioned it. So I guess its a recent thing. Over the last five years. :cry:
Niclas wrote:Hi Mitch

Could it be that the microphone is capturing the metronome clicks as your answer? This happens quite often. Try lowering the speaker volume, or try using a headset and see if that is better.

You can also try to increase the buffer size in midi devices tab in EarMaster properties.

-Niclas