Microhpone not working

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Eremitae
Ear training rookie

Microhpone not working

Post by Eremitae » Mar 17, 2015 10:49 am

Hi,

I know there has been a lot of posts regarding this issue, however, of all the ones I've browsed, I've not been able to find an answer.

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Firewire interface, that works perfectly well with cubase. I use a Behringer phantom powered microphone and am able to record using both Cubase 7 and also softwares like Audacity, however, the microphone doesn't register when using Earmaster.

I have:

Doublechecked that Phantom power is on,

Disabled every recording device in the windows menu besides from the Saffire interface.

The saffire interface is registered by Earmaster, but even though the peakmeter is registering input in the Windows panel, the Peakmeter in step 1 & 2 of Earmaster microphone setup does not work.

Ive tried turning the microphone completely up using the audio interface software mixer (to no result unfortunantly).

I am using windows 7 and besides the microphone issues, Earmaster is working perfectly well.

I hope that you will be able to help me.

Kind regards.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Microhpone not working

Post by Niclas » Mar 18, 2015 5:40 am

Hi there

Is your microphone plugged into 'input 1' of your Saffire? EarMaster can only register input through 'input 1' on audio interfaces, and since Windows' peakmeter registers the input and EarMaster doesn't, it seems like this might be the issue.

-Niclas

Eremitae
Ear training rookie

Re: Microhpone not working

Post by Eremitae » Mar 19, 2015 2:58 am

Hi Niclas,

Great! it worked - thanks :)