Using Earmaster within a DAW

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

August Rikard
Ear training freshman

Using Earmaster within a DAW

Post by August Rikard » Aug 27, 2015 6:03 pm

It would be amazing if I could use Earmaster in my DAW with sounds from my VST library, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried following the steps from this post (http://www.earmaster.com/community/forum/2/1094.html) without any luck. I'm hoping someone here can tell me if this is even possible and if so provide me with another method to get it working. To be honest this would make all the difference in deciding to purchase this software.

I'm using windows 8.1 and my DAW is Reaper 5.01 (audio device is ASIO4all). My library is Native Intruments Kontakt 5.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Using Earmaster within a DAW

Post by Quentin » Aug 28, 2015 2:40 am

Hello,

You can link the MIDI output of EarMaster to Reaper using a virtual MIDI patch cable.

To do that:
1. Download and install LoopBe1: http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html
2. Select LoopBe1 as MIDI Out in EarMaster's preferences
3. Select LoopBe1 as MIDI In in your VSTi track settings in Reaper, and click on the output monitoring icon on the track panel. Maybe you also need to arm the track for recording in order to monitor the output of the VSTi, I am not sure.

If Kontakt has a stand-alone version, you can also simply use that by selecting LoopBe1 as MIDI Input.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Adrian
Ear training rookie

Post by Adrian » Nov 30, 2019 11:00 am

Does anyone knows how I can use Earmaster with Kontakt 5?
I Use a midi harmonica called "DM 48" with harmonica and trumpet synths in Kontakt 5 and Komplete Audio 6
To use my Kontakt library with Earmaster I installed loopbe1.

I chose the midi Input in Kontakt Player as loopbe and DM 48, In earmaster 7 I chose loopbe as Percussion and Sound output and the Input as my dm48 harmonica but it doesnt work. My midi harmonica is only working with earmaster when I choose FluidR3GM as an Output and can only produce the handclapping sounds of the exercises

Anybody can help out with some detailed description how to do it Right?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Dec 02, 2019 1:58 am

Hi,

Your MIDI Input device (the DM48) should only be selected as MIDI In device in EarMaster, not in Kontakt. In Kontakt, only LoopBe1 should be selected as MIDI In.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -