Imitate Rhythm

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Tbanger9
Ear training freshman

Imitate Rhythm

Post by Tbanger9 » Nov 13, 2015 2:20 am

Hi, I'm having trouble with the imitate rhythm... there is no gap, in the exercise played, and then my answer.... I can't get even the most simplest of rhythms 'right', because somehow, the program doesn't recognise my input rhythms.... I'm using the spacebar to enter my answer....

1 measure count in, 1 measure exercise, 1 measure answer, so 3 measures of 4/4 without a 'count in' to my reply....

Surely this is a setting in the program.... otherwise, imitate is useless.... Maybe I have settings wrong, or I'm expecting too much?...

Mick.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Imitate Rhythm

Post by Quentin » Nov 13, 2015 2:38 am

Hi Mick,

It sounds like the microphone input option is turned on even though you are not using it. To turn it off, simply click on the Mic icon at the top right of the EarMaster window. That will solve the problem. You can wait as long as you want before inputting your answer, but as soon as EarMaster detects a beat (from the mic, a MIDI instrument or the spacebar), it considers it as the start of your answer.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -