How do I play my response

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

alexpri
Ear training freshman

How do I play my response

Post by alexpri » Nov 20, 2015 11:26 am

Hello,

For the interval training, I want to be able to play back the interval I hear. But EarMaster seems only to hear the first note I play. Something about holding the <Ctrl> key flashes on screen (too quickly to read: do the developers really think people can read that quickly?). Perhaps I am supposed to hold the key known as Control on the Mac. But then how am I supposed to do that when I need two hands to make the note on my guitar?

Thanks for your help

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: How do I play my response

Post by Quentin » Nov 23, 2015 3:28 am

Hi,

In EarMaster's preferences, under the Audio tab, you will find an option called "Auto Insert". Set it between 600 and 800ms. That way, tones will be inserted into the staff automatically after 600 to 800ms without requiring to press the Ctrl key.

If the message about pressing the CTRL key is flashing, it could mean that the mic input is not calibrated properly.
That message is shown when a tone is recognized by EarMaster. So if the message disappears really fast, then it means that the program has stopped receivng audio (or is receiving audio at a wrong level). Please run the Mic Calibration tool from the Tools menu once again to make sure levels are set correctly. All the tests you do in the Mic Calibration tool reflect exactly how the software understands the audio coming in. So if tones are recognized correctly there, they will also be recognized correctly in the exercises.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -