Built in Microphone not Working

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

renawagner
Ear training rookie

Built in Microphone not Working

Post by renawagner » Jan 06, 2016 6:37 am

Hello,

Earmaster 6 doesn't recognize my microphone suddenly. When I start a rhythm session the hands in the corner are at least moving before I start the excercise but then nothing happens. I callibrated several times (and it seems to work there), the microphone is not mute by accident and the excercise setting is not set on evaluate note length. What else can I do?

rena

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Built in Microphone not Working

Post by Niclas » Jan 08, 2016 4:59 am

Hi Rena

First of all. Are you on the latest build of EarMaster? Go to help->check for updates, to make sure.

Does the exercise work when you use the spacebar or mouse button to answer? You can try to start the interval identification exericse, go to exercises settings and make sure that "play tone on mouse click", is on. Then close that exercise, and open the rhythmn exercise again.

Does this fix the issue?

-Niclas

renawagner
Ear training rookie

Post by renawagner » Jan 09, 2016 4:51 am

Hi Niclas,

I tried everything you said, nothing works. When I hit the spacebar, the "click sound" is delayed but still won't be shown under the rhythm notes. Play on mouseclick is on and I have the latest update ....

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Jan 11, 2016 6:32 am

Hi Rena

Okay. This sounds quite weird. Is it possible for you to record a small video of the issue? You can simply do it with your phone, or record your screen with ex. QuickTime, and then send it to us at saleandsupport@earmaster.com? Then we can see exactly what happens, and then it is easier to figure out what causes this bug.

- Niclas

renawagner
Ear training rookie

Post by renawagner » Jan 14, 2016 12:10 pm

I was just about to record the issue, but it suddely works again :?: :roll:

if that happens again, I will def send a video ;-)

thanks, rena

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Jan 15, 2016 6:28 am

Oh, okay.. Well that is great to hear. Let us know if you have any other issues.

-Niclas