[SOLVED] loop MIDI configuration

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

cirellip
Ear training buff

[SOLVED] loop MIDI configuration

Post by cirellip » Aug 01, 2016 5:04 am

Hi,
I'd like to listen to EarMaster through a virtual instrument (i.e. Ivory Piano in the Cantabile host) instead of the internal sounds or external MIDI sounds. I installed loopMIDI, and then I configured the VST instrument and EarMaster as follows:

VST instrument (Cantabile)
MIDI Ports input: M8U XL port 1 (my MIDI interface port 1, connected to my controller MIDI Out)
MIDI Ports input: loopMIDI Port

Ear Master Pro
MIDI Input: M8U XL port 1
MIDI Output: loopMIDI Port

It works, but often I get a message like "Ivory Cantabile stopped working" and a very noisy buzz sound from the audio interface. Then I must stop loopMIDI, and restart loopMIDI and Cantabile.

Can you please help me? Maybe my configuration is not correct?
Thank you.

Paolo

cirellip
Ear training buff

Re: [SOLVED] loop MIDI configuration

Post by cirellip » Aug 04, 2016 2:32 am

Found a solution: I've added a new rack in Cantabile with a second instance of Ivory. The first rack receives MIDI only from the controller (via external MIDI interface), the second rack receives MIDI only from EarMaster (via LoopMIDI).
EarMaster receives MIDI from the controller (via external MIDI interface) and sends MIDI only to the Cantabile second rack (via LoopMIDI).
This way, in addition to hearing the sounds triggered from EarMaster, I can also play them (or better: a copy of them) with my controller.
Since I use Remote Control in EarMaster, I also filtered out the C2-A2 keys from the Cantabile first rack MIDI input.

So far, I got no crashes anymore.

Paolo
Last edited by cirellip on Aug 11, 2016 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Post by Niclas » Aug 09, 2016 4:57 am

Hi Paolo

I apologize for the lack of response. We are a bit shorthanded due to the holiday season!

Glad to hear you found a fix! I think other users may find this information very helpful!

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Niclas

cirellip
Ear training buff

Post by cirellip » Aug 10, 2016 9:40 am

Ok, thanks anyway. Adding VST instruments support in EarMaster would be nice though.

Paolo