Problem: using to keys to play rhythms

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Problem: using to keys to play rhythms

Post by Guest » Mar 28, 2006 7:40 am

Hi

On the rhythm reading exercise, I like to play the rhythm using two keys alternative, however, when I have the "evaluate note length" option on, I meet a big problem.

Obviusly I need to hold the key to make the note last, but then when I press the second key, if the first one is still down, EarMaster doesn't play a new note, it keeps the first one, the first key needs to be released before the second is pressed in order to play a new note.

For an skilled piano player, maybe this is not a problem, but for me is very difficult, and impossible if I choose a fast tempo.

I think that EarMaster should play a new note on the rythm exercises when you press a key even if another key is pressed, and in that case, the second note, should automatically end the first one.

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Apr 02, 2006 11:48 pm

You are right. We will change that when it is possible. You can use the "Check for update" function in EarMaster to see when it has been changed.

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster