Error Messages with Rhythmic Dictation

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

empauly
Ear training ninja

Error Messages with Rhythmic Dictation

Post by empauly » Oct 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi,
Several of my students are reporting errors when they use the rhythmic dictation exercises in EarMaster. These are exercises that I've put together as a class using EarMaster Cloud.

Student 1 is using a PC with Windows 10. She says that she cannot get the tools to work so that she can neither add notation nor erase. This has happened to other students as well, but she has been the only one to actually email me with her computer info.

Student 2 got a very odd error message when using the same exercises. I have a screen shot but it is too large to send. The message reads "Access violation at Address 0068F120 in module "Ear60.exe". Read off address 00000058".

I posted this same request earlier and you replied, but I forgot to set my notifications so I didn't check back. I've now set my notifications and I'll know when you reply. Please let me know what else you need from me and thank you.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Error Messages with Rhythmic Dictation

Post by Quentin » Oct 10, 2016 2:11 am

Hi,

Could you please send the Course file that is causing these problems to support@earmaster.com? Just attach the course to the email. We will try to identify the problem and determine what is causing it.

For the first student, do you have a more precise description of the problem? When you mention that "she cannot get the tools to work so that she can neither add notation nor erase", is it because the note toolbar doesn't respond, or the toolbar does respond (i.e. the student can select the different note values) but they are not inserted into the staff, or is it another problem.

The absolute best solution to help us find the problems faster is to send us a short video clip showing the error happening on the screen. This will provide us with a lot more answers than we can ask over e-mail. The video can be simply recorded with a smartphone as long as the image is clear and we can see most of the screen. You (or your students) can send the video(s) by email to support@earmaster.com.

Best regards,
Quentin
EarMaster ApS
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Error Messages with Rhythmic Dictation

Post by Quentin » Oct 12, 2016 3:53 am

Hi again,

I tried the course file you sent me, and everything works as expected both on Windows (I tested on Windows 10 only so far) and Mac OS 10.12.

Could you please ask the students who are experiencing problems to re-install EarMaster, so that we are sure they have the newest version, and that any possibly corrupted file has been replaced by original ones. They will find the installer for EarMaster 6.2 on this page: www.earmaster.com/all-download.html .

If the problem persists, I will need you to follow up on the 2 requests in my previous post (the question about the student having understood how the note toolbar is working) and the short video clip, so that we can find out why that particular exercise is causing problems.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -