Can't save my customized exercises in version 7?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

7thmode
Ear training freshman

Can't save my customized exercises in version 7?

Postby 7thmode » Nov 17, 2017 8:33 pm

In version 6 on Windows, I saved several chord identification exercises. The file names ended in ".ear". I could open these files to perform the exercises so that I didn't have to change the customization every time. When I wanted to train on triads, I opened the triads.ear file I had previously created. When I wanted to train on 7th chords, I could open my sevenths.ear file, and so on. I had one for a bunch of custom chords with multiple tensions.

In version 7, I can't find a way to open the .ear files, and I can't find a way to create new ones. It appears to me that I will need to customize the chord identification exercise via the user interface every time I want to change from triads to 7th chords, etc. I used to train on three different ear files every day. I don't want to have to select and deselect chords every time I want to switch my exercise routines.

If there's no way to save my customized exercises in version 7, this is a major loss of functionality for me, and a great disappointment. Why remove this function/capability? This is very inconvenient, and I will go back to using version 6. Why did I pay to "upgrade" only to lose this feature? This is not an upgrade in my view.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Can't save my customized exercises in version 7?

Postby Quentin » Nov 22, 2017 5:58 am

Hello

This feature will be replaced soon by a new, better feature that implies having a library of custom presets for each activity.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -