Playback Static Noise?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

mikesmithson
Ear training apprentice

Playback Static Noise?

Post by mikesmithson » Jul 30, 2018 3:42 am

I keep hearing during playback this annoying, static white noise/pops on top of the playback when doing exercises. Any ideas on what could be causing this and what the remedy might be?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Playback Static Noise?

Post by Quentin » Jul 31, 2018 3:49 am

Hi, this is not a known problem. Could you please record a short video clip and send it to support@earmaster.com so that our team may try to understand what is happening?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Seelenbinder
Ear training freshman

Post by Seelenbinder » Jan 18, 2019 4:02 am

I'm having the same exact problem. However, every time I try to record the audio, the crackling is gone..
Weird fix but it'll do for now

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jan 18, 2019 7:55 am

It would be very useful to get a video of the issue recorded with a smartphone (so that no screen capture software is involved). Add also your computer specs (CPU, RAM, OS version). It would help us understand what kind of noise is made and what might be causing it.

lemuel.b.stevens
Ear training rookie

Post by lemuel.b.stevens » Jan 22, 2019 9:57 am

I'm having the same problem. Difficult to focus on the music with the static noise.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.89 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.73 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.61 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.19 GB
Page File Space 1.72 GB

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I have the latest sound drivers installed.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jan 23, 2019 8:35 am

Those specs should be plenty for EarMaster. The problem must be something else. Again, a video woudl be a lot fo help. Noise can be many things, and since we can't reproduce the issue, we need to have some clue as to where we need to look. YOu can upload the video to a service like Wetransfer, or just send it to our support email: support@earmaster.com . The video can be made with a smartphone. Just make sure we can see the screen and hear the noise. Hopefully, we can find an easy solution to this with the help of the video.

lemuel.b.stevens
Ear training rookie

Post by lemuel.b.stevens » Jan 25, 2019 11:15 am

Here's a video of the static:

https://youtu.be/w0I2QoF7kGA

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jan 28, 2019 5:53 am

Thank you very much. This means that EarMaster is not getting enough resources from your computer to play back sounds correctly. Are there a lot of other programs running at the same time as EarMaster? Other music programs perhaps?

light music
Ear training freshman

Post by light music » Apr 06, 2019 9:41 am

Hi Quentin,

I have the static problem described above with Earmaster 7 on a Win 10 Desktop with AMD Ryzen 7, 8Gb RAM, running only a browser.
Can you tell how we can check and eventually add more ressources to Eamaster application?

Thanks,
light music

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Apr 23, 2019 1:37 am

Hi,

We found a problem in the way or sound playback used resources. The fix is already availabel in the current BETA, which you can download using the download link you received in your purchase confirmation email. If the problem persists, please contact feedback@earmaster.com to reach the development team directly and give them as many details as possible about your setup.

avorobyov
Ear training rookie

Post by avorobyov » Mar 02, 2020 1:38 am

Hi!

I'm now experiencing the same issue with EarMaster 7.2.39. I tried the beta version, but it works the same way. Was the problem resolved? I'm recording with my build-in micro. It works ok with other software.

Model Name: iMac
System Version: macOS 10.15.3 (19D76)
Kernel Version: Darwin 19.3.0
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
Memory: 40 GB

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Mar 02, 2020 3:05 am

Hi,

The problem of that thread has already been solved, it was about the playback of MIDI sounds. The problem you are having is something else, as it has something to do with sound recording. Since you also contacted us by email (I assume it was you :) ), we are already looking into it and trying to find a solution. We will get back to you if we need more details or would like ot to test some things.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Mar 02, 2020 6:50 am

Hi, the new Beta we just published should solve the issue. I sent you the link by email :)

avorobyov
Ear training rookie

Post by avorobyov » Mar 03, 2020 1:27 am

I've installed the BETA version, but the problem still persists. I forgot to mention that sometimes playback is clean. I tried to find a pattern and it seems that the problem exists only when I want to try again the same notes. When I go on to new notes in the same exercise the first playback is always clean and all subsequent tries on these same notes have a problem.

thermio
Ear training freshman

Post by thermio » Jul 13, 2021 6:53 pm

Hello! I am using Windows 10 and a high quality USB audio interface, latencymon shows no problems, 7.2.54 version of the software, but I am receiving crackling whenever I play an audio example. System resources are fine, no other programs are running. I've shut down all unessential resident apps and services.