Copy protection question

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

roop666
Ear training rookie

Copy protection question

Post by roop666 » Aug 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi, I tried emailing support but never got a reply so I thought I'd try here. I was wondering is there any DRM or other activation type stuff like iLOK with EarMaster 7, or is it just the serial number? I've had my system messed up with DRM before and would rather not experience that again, thanks.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Copy protection question

Post by Quentin » Aug 24, 2018 3:20 am

Hello,

This is strange because we reply to absolutely ALL support requests without exception. Maybe your mail ended up in our spam folder, I 'll have a look.

EarMaster doesn't use iLock. You activate your license with a serial number once and that's it. During activation, EarMaster will connect to our activation server, so you'll need an internet connection. It is not possible to perform an offline activation.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

roop666
Ear training rookie

Post by roop666 » Aug 24, 2018 12:30 pm

yeah, most likely was on my end, i find both gmail and aol mail to be rather finicky. thanks for the answer, i was hoping you would say that, looking forward to my purchase!

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Aug 27, 2018 4:50 am

No problem :) At least now you got an answer to your request, and that's what counts. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have other questions.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -