Issue with Melodic Dictation

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

jbutler
Ear training enthusiast

Issue with Melodic Dictation

Post by jbutler » Feb 08, 2019 8:51 am

In measure 5 I entered an incorrect rhythmic value. Instead of grading just that one rhythmic value incorrect EarMaster graded the the whole of measure 6 incorrect, however measure 6 was notated correctly. Can this issue be fixed?
I have attached a screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Issue with Melodic Dictation

Post by Quentin » Feb 12, 2019 2:02 am

Hi,

Measure 5 doesn't look correct. In which lesson was this happening?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

jbutler
Ear training enthusiast

Post by jbutler » Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am

Measure 5 is incorrect and that is not the issue. The issue is measure 6 which is correct however EarMaster marked it incorrect.
This was the Melodic Dictation exercise with a melody example I created. Can you access my course and see? In the cloud I have it labeled as Class "Module 5 - MUS 122" (file name: 122 Module 5.tut - Author: Justin Butler) lesson "1.8 Melodic Dictation". School account ID: ccc&ti

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 14, 2019 4:29 am

If you are using EarMaster Cloud, I would strongly advise that you use EarMaster 7. It contains hundreds of improvements and fixes over EarMaster 6, so the error you are experiencing in EarMaster 6 is most likely gone in the new version.

Upgrades are free for both students and teachers with EarMaster Cloud. You can simply download the free version of EarMaster on PC, Mac or iPad and type your EarMaster Cloud login by clicking o the Cloud-shaped icon in the top left of the home screen.

Here is the download page: https://www.earmaster.com/downloads/free-versions.html

jbutler
Ear training enthusiast

Post by jbutler » Feb 14, 2019 12:36 pm

I just tried the same lesson in version 7.1.27 and when I entered an incorrect rhythm in measure five the rhythm was counted as correct. The meter is 4/8 however there is an extra 8th note rhythm in measure five. I am trying to attach another screen shot to this reply but I am receiving an error message "HTTP error" when I add the .jpg as an attachment

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 18, 2019 4:12 am

I think the issue is that if the rhythmic note values are off, then the rest of the answer is displaced and EarMaster will count everything as wrong. The software looks at each note chronologically in a linear way.