Minor melodic singback midi input problem

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

dogaozden
Ear training apprentice

Minor melodic singback midi input problem

Post by dogaozden » Nov 03, 2020 8:55 am

Hello, I've been using melodic singback with my midi keyboard for some time and everything works perfectly for major exercises. However, when I do minor exercises, there is around 1/3 or 1/4 chance that ear master does not input anything even though I play it on my keyboard. My keyboard works just fine because I hear the sound being triggered in earmaster while I am pressing the keys, but then it tells me I didn't get that one right because I didn't input anything. This is quite weird because major exercises work just fine. I am using earmaster 7.2.44 (latest) on win 10 64bit. My keyboard is a komplete kontrol s61 mk1.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Minor melodic singback midi input problem

Post by Quentin » Nov 04, 2020 1:33 am

Hi, is anything played when you click "Play my answer" after your answer has been evaluated?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 04, 2020 1:37 am

Another thing: Some of the keys are used to remote control the exercises, so you can't play melodies on them. If you are not using them, you can deactivate that feature in EarMaster's preferences, under "Remote control".

dogaozden
Ear training apprentice

Post by dogaozden » Nov 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Hello Quentin,

Nothing plays when I press "play my answer". I do have remote controlled keys, but they are only the lowest 3-4 keys on my keyboard which I don't touch when playing back melodies.

It looks as if I played nothing even though I did play. I was going to upload an image to the frrum, but it just says"http error".

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 09, 2020 1:35 am

Depending on the question, the octaves on the screen will move, and maybe this is applied to MIDI IN as well, I'm not sure. I think the easiest way to discard remote control as a possible source of error is to deactivate the remote control feature in EarMaster's preferences by unticking all options and then see if the problem persists.

dogaozden
Ear training apprentice

Post by dogaozden » Nov 10, 2020 10:33 am

I've disabled midi remote control, the problem persists. Here's a video showing the problem: https://streamable.com/ozcygp

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 11, 2020 4:09 am

Thank you. The video was very helpful! I managed to reproduce the problem, it's definitely a bug. It happens when "Continuous call-response" is enabled and "Count-in" is disabled.

We will fix this asap, until then you can avoid the problem by re-enabling count-in.

dogaozden
Ear training apprentice

Post by dogaozden » Nov 15, 2020 6:53 pm

Thanks a lot! I've enabled count-in and it works fine now.