Unable to match pitch using Solfége

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Joonasamuel
Ear training freshman

Unable to match pitch using Solfége

Post by Joonasamuel » May 26, 2021 2:30 am

Hey!

I'm doing the beginner's course, and I'm having trouble understanding what's happening.

When I sing using Solfege (domiso) the pitch detection looks wild, and my ears can't certainly pick up that I'm having a vibrato of a fourth going on. This happens in all exercises. I was blaming that I'm a newbie when it comes to solfege, being used to just match pitch and interval singing using a single syllable (taa) and thinking (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. in my head). But could this be a technical issue?

I've attached a screenshot of pitch detection with solfege vs singing with a single syllable.

EDIT: a lot of the support responds recommend using a microphone tuning wizard found in the preferences for situations similar to this. So far I haven't found said microphone setup wizard in the latest version (using a mac built-in mic), has it been removed since?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Unable to match pitch using Solfége

Post by Quentin » May 27, 2021 12:07 am

Hi,

Yes, the Mic calibration was in version 6, version 7 is better at recogninzing a lot of different timbres, so we removed it.

Could you please send a video where you're answering an exercise in EarMaster using solfege syllables? That might help us identify what exactly confuses the algorithm.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -