Feature Request: copy current lesson to Customized Exercise

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

BillM
Ear training jedi

Feature Request: copy current lesson to Customized Exercise

Post by BillM » Jun 14, 2021 7:51 am

I have found that it is not uncommon for a student to pass a certain lesson with ease only to find the next one much harder. It is as if there could have been one or more lessons in between the two. I typically try to mimic the lesson as a customized exercise and then find some way to make it a little easier.

My suggestion would be to implement an easy way to send the current lesson to a customized exercise. I believe many users would appreciate this feature.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Feature Request: copy current lesson to Customized Exercise

Post by Quentin » Jun 15, 2021 12:31 am

This is a very good idea. I have forwarded the request to our developers.

Are there particular lessons/courses where you find a level gap? We will be revising EarMaster's built-in lessons soon, so your feedback is very welcome!
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jun 15, 2021 12:37 am

Notice that if you use EarMaster Cloud in a school setting, you can do that in the Workbook Editor of the Teacher version with the menu item TOOLS > IMPORT LESSON FROM WORKBOOK

BillM
Ear training jedi

Post by BillM » Jun 15, 2021 12:56 pm

Thanks Quentin,

Off the top of my head, General Workshops - Rhythmic Sight Reading.
I've seen students struggle with 1.3 (8th notes and rests) after doing the previous lessons with ease. When this happens, I mimic a variation of this into a Custom Exercise. One approach I take is to cut back on the number bars for each question. Alternatively, I might add half notes in addition to the 8th notes and 8th rests as a way to ease into it.

It also seems to me that the next few lessons after 1.3 get easier.
If I were to reorder the lessons in this module, it would be something like 6 - 7 - 5 - 1 - 2 - 4 - 3 - 8.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jun 16, 2021 3:08 am

I completely agree. The re-ordering that you are suggesting makes better sense. It's more progressive and brings a better flow to the module.