All of my features are locked

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

dracula
Ear training rookie

All of my features are locked

Post by dracula » Jul 07, 2022 11:23 am

I have Earmaster 7 purchased. It is not cloudbased. . I've had it for awhile and haven't used it. I went to use it, and everything is locked. I have never seen "locked" before. I have upgraded a number of times.

I wrote to support - but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions?

amab27
Ear training rookie

Re: All of my features are locked

Post by amab27 » Jul 12, 2022 5:22 am

I've got the same problem. This is a ridiculous problem to have on such a mature piece of software. Did support tell you how to fix it?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: All of my features are locked

Post by Quentin » Jul 25, 2022 1:46 am

Hi,

When installing the software on a new computer (or if you had to reinstall Windows or macOS), you need to activate your EarMaster license again. Each time you do that on a "new" setup, it counts as a new activation. So after some time, you may reach the maximum number of allowed activation slots. The solution is to contact support@earmaster.com in order to have us reset your activation count, as suggested in the info box displayed when the software fails to activate.

Notice that with older EarMaster 7 builds on Mac, the software would use an activation slot each time you updated macOS. That issued showed up with macOS 10.13 and newer, but it has been solved quickly. So please make sure to update EarMaster 7 to the latest update before activating your license again on Mac 10.13 or newer.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -