Cannot access MIDI OUT and MIDI IN

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

Tooty Flutey
Ear training rookie

Cannot access MIDI OUT and MIDI IN

Post by Tooty Flutey » Sep 29, 2005 11:31 am

I am getting a message that my computer cannot access MIDI OUT, not MIDI in. There are no other programs running MIDI but it still does not work. Sometimes the sound cuts out completely or changes to a consistent clacking sound or plays chords when it should be playing single notes.

This is a great program and I am very disappointed to be having so much trouble.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thanks,
BW
Barbara Wilson
London, England

Hans
EarMaster.com

Post by Hans » Oct 01, 2005 3:07 am

Hello Tooty Flutey,

Your problem sounds like you are experiencing a general problem with your MIDI drivers. Does MIDI work with other programs on your computer?

Best regards,
Hans Jakobsen
EarMaster

Tooty Flutey
Ear training rookie

Thanks Hans

Post by Tooty Flutey » Oct 09, 2005 1:46 pm

You asked if other programs on my computer use MIDI successfully. I don't have any other programs that use it. At least I don't think I do (you can tell how little I know about computers.) But I don't use any other programs that use a sound card - other than the general sound that comes on when the computer first boots up. Sometimes there is a crackling noise that interrupts the flow of that little bit of music when the computer starts up.

I've also developed a new problem. In the rhythm reading section - I added some practice with 32nd notes but then I wanted to change it back and delete the 32nd notes so I could work on some other patterns. But the 32nd notes won't go away. Can you help, please?

Thanks,
Tooty Flutey
Barbara Wilson
London, England

Waigin
Ear training grand master

Post by Waigin » Oct 09, 2005 1:52 pm

you will have to ask a technician to check your sound card and plug it well, it might be the way it's plug or it might just be a setting.