es 23 compare the intervals

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

davidaems
Ear training enthusiast

es 23 compare the intervals

Post by davidaems » Jan 27, 2011 6:40 am

I am in the second part, comparing the intervals.At exercise 23 they play the Bb rooth. I dont understand what the program really wanna from me ;). Actually I tried to train myself with my keyboard , playing a chord and trying to sing the several intervals form the second note of the scale.....it become impossible to identify the intervals....to me at least.
How can I go haead with the study?

Thank you Quentin......tag ;)
listen to the band !

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 01, 2011 6:15 am

Hi,
In lesson 23, the two intervals don't have a common tone. You still have to compare them and click on the one that has the largest distance between its two tones (i.e. the largest interval), but the job is made much harder because before you could feel/count how many semitones there are from a common starting tone. In lesson 23, you need to be able to feel that tonal distance.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

davidaems
Ear training enthusiast

Post by davidaems » Feb 04, 2011 5:28 am

hi Quentin thank you for the answer but I did a mistake in explanation. my question was referred to exercise 23;24....etc on "interval identification" not "compare" where program play some chords before the question.......do I have to change the title?
listen to the band !

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Feb 04, 2011 5:43 am

Ok,
In lesson 23, EarMaster plays a Bb cadence to establish the key, and then plays an interval. You can either use the exercise as the previous exercises (only focus on the interval itself), or try to identify/count the scale degrees and sing the tones with solfege. This is to get you acquainted with scales.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -