Suggestion

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

MinorReason
Ear training rookie

Suggestion

Post by MinorReason » Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi,

I was doing the rhythm training/customized. It was all good and thought it might be better if articulation marks are included too!

Accent -(hopefully the mic/program can identify the differences in attack/volume)

stacatto-helps in rhythm too since its timing is similar to a 16 or 32th note.

mordent/Trill/Turn-since its just additional number of beats with notes above or below

Basically its just articulation marks where it adds the number of beats to the rhythmn, but its just denoted by other markings other than the standard notes we see. I think this helps too in sight reading.

Cheers.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Sep 09, 2011 12:50 am

Hi,
This sounds like a very good idea. The only issue I can think of is that it would require users to use a good microphone and spend some time to set it up correctly both on the OS side, and on the EarMaster side. Our experience tells us that even now with a quite simple rhythm detection system that is easy to set up, many users need guidance to get it to work perfectly. Taking accents into account would imply a very advanced automatic set up system so that users don't need to get headaches when setting up their mic. ;-)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

MinorReason
Ear training rookie

Post by MinorReason » Sep 09, 2011 1:36 am

Yeah, it took me quite a while to set up mine too due to sensitivity issues,as the mic would take in surrounding noises (especially the metrome click sound) and i failed my rhythm exercise lol. But its fine now :) I used a castanet when i do my rhythm exercise :)

Looking forward to future updates of Earmaster !

:-)

TheBlueCrow
Ear training apprentice

Post by TheBlueCrow » Sep 15, 2011 4:14 am

Hi. Would this idea at least be feasible with a midi keyboard? I imagine setup would be minimal. Sure, people with other instruments would be left in the dark, but it's better than nothing :-)