Teaching solfeggio to kid

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

Bloo
Ear training apprentice

Teaching solfeggio to kid

Post by Bloo » Sep 16, 2011 3:23 pm

What is the best way to teach a kid for having or performing a perfect pitch of a tone?

I am teaching a group of kids to sing but they con not do it correctly?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Sep 19, 2011 1:42 am

Try to do pitch matching: you play a note on the keyboard and ask them to sing it afterwards. You can also have them do that with the Melodic Dictation exercise of EarMaster in Customized training mode.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Bloo
Ear training apprentice

Post by Bloo » Sep 20, 2011 5:33 am

Today I was working with the group of kids that I said they con not sing good, I did what u said, I played a note on the piano and they could sing it correctly but when we whanted to work on a piece of music they couldn't sing it with correct solfeggio and all of them were falsh and off key
If with a movement of a hand a hank is ended, this endless creative search what is for?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Sep 20, 2011 5:55 am

Maybe it's too ambitious to expect them to sing in perfect pitch immediately after matching a pitch played on the piano a couple of times. These things (internalizing pitches) come with time and perseverance. This is why we made a tool like EarMaster ;-)
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Bloo
Ear training apprentice

Post by Bloo » Sep 20, 2011 7:57 am

Thank you again ;-)
If with a movement of a hand a hank is ended, this endless creative search what is for?