change seize and arrangement of answer buttons

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

keef
Ear training rookie

change seize and arrangement of answer buttons

Post by keef » Nov 22, 2011 8:18 pm

hi,
I just got a brand new macbookpro and unfurtunately having some issues with earmaster.
besides the a different tonequality and loudness compared to a windows system the buttons unison to octave aren´t in a row anymore due to 13inch screen and thats just driving me crazy.

I need to have the buttons ascending from left to right with the size of the intervals. is there a chance to use abbreviations or the shrink the seize of the buttons so they´ll fit in order again?

I know this might seem a little crazy but I can´t help it :)

thx a lot keef

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 23, 2011 2:56 am

Hi Keef,

The buttons are system buttons (default OSX layout), and their size depends on the length of the displayed text and the screen resolution you are using.

It is possible to change most of the text in EarMaster, so you could actually modify the spelling of the intervals in order to have smaller buttons. To do that, find the EarMaster app in your Applications folder, CTRL-click it (or right-click) and choose "Show Package Contents". Go into "CONTENTS>MAC OS>LANGUAGE and open English.lan with TextEdit (not with Word or similar).

Make a search in the file for interval names, and change them as you wish them to appear in the program. Please be careful not to remove any of the coding in the file. Only change text strings.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

keef
Ear training rookie

Post by keef » Nov 23, 2011 7:35 am

hi again and thanks for the quick reply.
I changed the intervals names but that did not change the button seize at all. is there another option I need to change in order to have the buttons size adopt to the button seize?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Nov 25, 2011 6:00 am

Hi Keef,
I just tried it myself, and it seems that even though the size of the buttons is being adapted to the text displayed in them, there is indeed a minimum size inherent to the program which cannot be reduced.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -