rhythmic exercises question

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

Dirge326
Ear training rookie

rhythmic exercises question

Post by Dirge326 » Mar 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Frequently when sight reading, while not intending to, I often end up playing certain notes slightly longer or shorter than the sheet music dictates. This problem occurs while using a metronome too.

What I'm wondering is if the exercises related to the rhythmic aspects of music and eartraining (rhythm reading, dictation, and correction) would eliminate my frequent out of time playing, and if so, i'm wondering if the completion of the rhythmic exercises would replace the need for a metromome(and if not i'd like to know why). Also, if completed would all i've learned from the rythmic exercises be easy to carry over to other tempos that I ecounter? I noticed the exercises seem to occur at only 90bpm.
Last edited by Dirge326 on Mar 10, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Mar 08, 2012 8:42 am

Hi,

The Tutor lessons are set to a specific tempo. Most of the first lessons are at 90 bpm, but the value varies later on as you move along.

EarMaster's rhythm exercises, especially rhythm reading and rhythm imitation, are made to let the user improve both his timing and accuracy. In that sense, it will be a great help to help you learn to play rhythms accuratelt, especially if you start doing the exercises without the hep of the metronome at some point (the metronome can be toggled on/off from the Exercise Settings menu).
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -