Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

GatesofDawn67
Ear training enthusiast

Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes

Post by GatesofDawn67 » Aug 13, 2015 9:40 am

I have found that sometimes the level advances too fast for me. I have to keep repeating the simpler levels hoping to work up to succeeding at the higher level. it would be nice if there were more levels with smaller steps between them.

Niclas
EarMaster.com

Re: Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes

Post by Niclas » Aug 14, 2015 3:09 am

Hi

It has been added to our list of suggestions :)

Quick tip: Use the customized activity to make an exercise that focuses on the things that makes the standard exercises diffucult for you. This can be very helpful to overcome this.

-Niclas

GatesofDawn67
Ear training enthusiast

Re: Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes

Post by GatesofDawn67 » Aug 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi Niclas,

Thanks for your response. I hadn't seen the custom setting before. It looks nice. I can't wait to try it.

One example where the levels don't work is in the rhythmic imitation. There is one level where you are working with one measure of 2/4 time. This means that you are working with two beats. When eighth notes are introduced, there are only 4 possible notes.

The next level is two measures of 4/4 time, which means you now are working with eight beats. When eighth notes are introduced, there are 16 possible notes and when some are quarters or rests, it is overwhelming.

Instead, It would be better to go to two measures of 2/4 with eight notes, two measures of 3/4 with eight notes, then two measures of 4/4 with eight notes.

Steve