Academic research

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

mg_MA
Ear training freshman

Academic research

Postby mg_MA » Nov 30, 2015 10:41 am

Hello my name is Michael and as a part of my MA thesis i'm looking for data on earmaster usage in private lessons. If any of the educators here have seen or know about any researches especially about bass players (ear training or rhythm) it'd be very helpful.
thank you very much,
M

elmerbcanales
Ear training apprentice

Re: Academic research

Postby elmerbcanales » May 01, 2016 9:15 pm

One way to pick apart the basslines and riffs you play is to dissect them into their component intervals. As a bassist you’re probably used to the fretboard patterns which correspond to thirds, fifths and octaves, for example. Interval ear training teaches you to recognise these different musical intervals by ear, and improves your vital sense of relative pitch. This is a powerful way to help you start improvising bass riffs and solos, because you know before you play the notes exactly how they’ll sound. Don’t just make guesses based on fretboard patterns you know are “safe” to play. Use interval ear training to connect the music you imagine in your head with your bass guitar, so you can play what you mean to play.
http://american-writers.org/ custom essay writing service