Suggestion/request for future versions: melodic dictation with singing instead of piano

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

sadebr2006
Ear training freshman

Suggestion/request for future versions: melodic dictation with singing instead of piano

Post by sadebr2006 » Jan 03, 2018 8:49 am

Hi, I have EarMaster 7, which I love. I'd like to suggest a new function for future versions: to be able to practice melody dictation with voice/singing instead of piano or other instruments. In other words, we would hear someone singing a few notes and we have to tell which notes those are. Because we could be good at telling which pitches on the piano are being played (that's what the current melody dictation activity lets us practice), but not very good at tellling which notes or pitches someone else is singing.

That's it, Happy New Year!

Bruno

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Suggestion/request for future versions: melodic dictation with singing instead of piano

Post by Quentin » Jan 04, 2018 4:28 am

Hi Bruno,
Thank you for your feedback, it sounds a lot like what the Melody Singback exercise does, except that you are not hearing a human voice but an instrument that you have to echo. It is however possible to change the sound to a choir sound instead of piano/guitar, etc. It sounds synthetic, but it's actually a pretty ok synthetic voice sound. To do that, go to the Preferences of EarMaster and select "Aah Choir" (preset 52). There are a few others you can try also.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -