melodic/rhythmic sight singing idea

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

BillM
Ear training ninja

melodic/rhythmic sight singing idea

Postby BillM » Jan 06, 2022 12:44 pm

In Melodic sight singing (and rhythmic sight singing) the recording of the answer is not triggered until a sound or midi note is detected by EarMaster. Normally, I don't see this as a problem. However, I have seen some students of mine wait for several bars before doing the exercise so they could study the pattern on the staff first.

I thought it would have been a good idea if you had the option to set the maximum number of bars that could lapse before the recording of your answer is automatically triggered. This would be the equivalent of the time limit option that appears on some of the other activities.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: melodic/rhythmic sight singing idea

Postby Quentin » Jan 07, 2022 2:24 am

Hello,

We have plans to add a time limit to the sight-singing and rythmic sight-reading exercises, so that teachers can specify how much time students can spend on preparing each exercise.

It should be available in one of the updates planned for this year.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

jhonalbert48
Ear training freshman

Postby jhonalbert48 » Jan 11, 2022 5:12 am

Idea will be automatically generated when you always practice sight-singing with the rhythmic and melodic, involves translating rhythms, melodies, chord progressions, or other aural sounds.

mikeoliver
Ear training freshman

Postby mikeoliver » Jan 11, 2022 6:36 am

I really like to play different games to music, tell me the site for the game.