accessing Preferences

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

BillM
Ear training jedi

accessing Preferences

Post by BillM » Sep 12, 2022 8:27 am

Currently, "Preferences" (the gear-like icon) is only available from the home screen. If you started a lesson and decided to change a setting, you need to cut the lesson short to go back to the home screen.

I think it would be convenient if the icon for preferences was accessible from any screen.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: accessing Preferences

Post by Quentin » Sep 13, 2022 12:01 am

There are 2 sets of settings in EarMaster:

1) Preferences, which you are referring to and which you access from the home screen. Those settings are meant to be of a permanent nature, and are therefore not expected t be changed on-the-fly (voal range, MIDI and audio settings, etc.)

2) Exercise Options, which are accessed within the exercises, and which affter the current exercise.

Is there a setting in Preferences that you need to change multiple times during a session?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

BillM
Ear training jedi

Post by BillM » Sep 13, 2022 7:34 am

There is no problem at my home studio when it is just me.

However, I also use EarMaster in my lesson studio with various students. I also have two keyboards (one for me and the other for the student) hooked up to the computer, which I might want to change on the fly.

As I was writing this, I just came up with an idea.

What if two instruments, (or two MIDI devices) could be active in these lessons, like two players in a video game? In this mode, the questions would alternate between the devices.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Sep 14, 2022 12:54 am

It's a good idea, this could also make it possible to connect a keyboard for answering the questions and another device (a pedalboard or a control pad) to control the exercises. It will be added to our list of possible future feature development.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -