A problem with my results in statistics

A place to discuss the iPad and iPhone versions of EarMaster

Moderator: Quentin

antoniomaiuri
Ear training apprentice

A problem with my results in statistics

Post by antoniomaiuri » Apr 16, 2018 10:06 am

I’m practising the general workshop. I did all the lesson of the interval comparison, identifications and others but out of the blue I lost my results on the current workbooks section in statistics and I only can find them on a past workbooks section. Why.? It is as a big chunk of my job slipped away from the current worbooks section to the past section. Is there a way to reunify my results, current and past workbooks?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: A problem with my results in statistics

Post by Quentin » Apr 17, 2018 5:03 am

Hello,
I am not sure how this can happen. Did you maybe run for a long time with an old build and then update to the newest update?
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

antoniomaiuri
Ear training apprentice

Post by antoniomaiuri » Apr 17, 2018 9:45 am

It could be. It happened around the beginig of february 2018. I didn’t loose the results but they are divided The past workbooks with general wokshops end on february 9th 2018 while the current workbooks with general workshop start around february 14th 2018. The strange thing is that I have the the results of the beginner course that I ended on december 2017 in the current worbooks and I started the general workshop after the brginner course. I have earmaster in my ipad since november 23th 2017. I always upgrade soon for the current version.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Apr 18, 2018 2:28 am

Ok, this is strange indeed. I think the only explanation can be that you have been completing exercises with an early build of the App, and a newer update with major changes made it look like a new course in the results. Are you perhaps using EarMaster in Italian? It is indeed the only language for which this problem could have happened if my theory is correct, because it was added late comparing to the other languages.

antoniomaiuri
Ear training apprentice

Post by antoniomaiuri » Apr 18, 2018 4:33 am

No, I use Earmaster in englih and I set my iPad to use english, never used the italian. And sice I purchased earmaster in november from the apple store it doesen’t seem such an old buld that I used. I don’t remeber exactly when I upgraded but I upgrade my apps every week. Maybe on february there was un upgrade..... Well, it doesn’t seem such a big issue. I’m only curious how it could have appened.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Apr 19, 2018 2:28 am

I am asking you about the Italian workshops, because it did change ID internally at some point, unlike all the other languages. So the English workshops should stay as current courses. I am really not sure what could have happened.

antoniomaiuri
Ear training apprentice

Post by antoniomaiuri » Apr 19, 2018 3:36 am

As I said I have english as my iPad language. But may be, I can’t remeber exactly, one time I canged language on my ipad for few minuts to see how was the musical notation and the language on earmaster in italian. But I’m not shure that I did so and I wouldn’t swear on it. When I will finish some section of general worksops I will tray again to change to see what can appen. I’ll let you know.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Apr 19, 2018 5:59 am

Ok great thank you! Yes, if you just changed a few minutes, it shouldn't cause your results to move down to a "Past courses" section.