Search found 6 matches

by bbillymac
May 18, 2011 8:37 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: math problem, i think, with 6/8 time
Replies: 1
Views: 5779

math problem, i think, with 6/8 time

Hi all, Quick question. I'm working on rhythm and can't quite get my mind around the metronome counting for 6/8 time. I understand that there are 6 beats per measure, and an 8th note gets one beat. But up comes the metornome in 2/4 at 45 bpm. I have the feeling this is a pretty stupid question, but ...
by bbillymac
Apr 13, 2011 7:50 am
Topic: Getting my butt kicked! (Just whining in general . . . )
Replies: 6
Views: 12433

Thanks Quentin . . . I'll try all . . .

Hi Quentin, Thanks for the reply. I printed off the list of interval songs and I will try them. The rhythm lessons are helping tremendously. I'm reading better and more confidently already. I just could not believe I had a such a big, basic hole in my reading. I realize now when I came to a dotted q...
by bbillymac
Apr 12, 2011 8:36 am
Topic: Getting my butt kicked! (Just whining in general . . . )
Views: 12433

Getting my butt kicked! (Just whining in general . . . )

Hi all, This is Bill in Indy and I'm going to whine for a bit, so break out the cheese if you got it. :-D I was going along fine passing lessons right and left, then I hit the cliff. Minor and Major thirds - which is greater? Who knows? The difference between a Perfect 4th and a Perfect fifth and th...
by bbillymac
Mar 26, 2011 8:05 am
Topic: What type of Music do you listen to mostly?
Replies: 20
Views: 43888

I agree with bumblebe, who said, "Well, I listen to Jazz mostly, but Classical, Blues and World come a close second, third and fourth. We might see a wider range of musical interests if 1st, 2nd, 3rd votes could be cast." Whereas I listen to rock/pop mostly but love and play a lot of class...
by bbillymac
Mar 26, 2011 7:59 am
Topic: pass rate for rhythm reading . . .
Views: 11582

Thanks Quenten, but about my question . . .

Yes I have actually been using a headphone mic and clapping, and it works, and I'm consistently late. But 89% seems to be a good score. Or maybe I'm just used to these easy American schools! :-D By the way Quenten, are you the only guy over there that speaks english? I don't think I've seen anybody ...
by bbillymac
Mar 25, 2011 8:46 am
Topic: pass rate for rhythm reading . . .
Views: 11582

pass rate for rhythm reading . . .

Hi all, I'm new to ear master and am at the very beginning. I just got 89% in lesson 3 for rhythm reading and the standard tutor told me I need more practice! This seems to be a really high bar. Do I need to be this accurate? If I do I'm cool with that, but it seems kind of harsh. :laugh3: Anyway, a...