Search found 8 matches

by GatesofDawn67
Aug 17, 2015 12:20 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: stuck in Minor 3rd & Major 3rd - Harmonic (common tone)
Replies: 10
Views: 27066

Re: stuck in Minor 3rd & Major 3rd - Harmonic (common tone)

Thanks for your response. I do use songs. For example, Brahms' Lullaby is the song I use for a minor third and Kumbaya is what I use for a major 3rd. When EarMaster plays me a harmonic interval, I tease apart the two notes and sing them. Then I start singing Brahms' Lullaby and so I answer minor thi...
by GatesofDawn67
Aug 14, 2015 10:16 pm
Topic: Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes
Replies: 2
Views: 6718

Re: Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes

Hi Niclas, Thanks for your response. I hadn't seen the custom setting before. It looks nice. I can't wait to try it. One example where the levels don't work is in the rhythmic imitation. There is one level where you are working with one measure of 2/4 time. This means that you are working with two b...
by GatesofDawn67
Aug 13, 2015 10:13 am

The thing I find difficult with thirds (and sixths) is that sometimes a major third will sound minor and vice versa. This happens often enough that I cannot make it through the 3rds or 6ths (I have made it through all the other intervals and these are preventing me from moving on). I think it is bec...
by GatesofDawn67
Aug 13, 2015 9:40 am
Topic: Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes
Replies: 2
Views: 6718

Wish List: More Levels with Smaller Step Sizes

I have found that sometimes the level advances too fast for me. I have to keep repeating the simpler levels hoping to work up to succeeding at the higher level. it would be nice if there were more levels with smaller steps between them.
by GatesofDawn67
Jun 24, 2015 12:40 pm
Topic: stuck in Minor 2nd & Major 2nd - Harmonic (common tone)
Replies: 7
Views: 14802

Re: stuck in Minor 2nd & Major 2nd - Harmonic (common tone)

I am trying to sing along with the interval comparison. My voice has a limited range (maybe a 10th). This makes singing along difficult. When I try to sing an octave away, it takes longer for me to find the note and the note has ended before I find it. To compensate for this, I go into preferences a...
by GatesofDawn67
Jun 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Thank you for your speedy response to my question.

I was able to make the bottom tone the common tone of my harmonic intervals and that was great, but now I would like to make the upper tone the common tone for harmonic intervals. My only choices are first (bottom) and first or last.
by GatesofDawn67
Jun 21, 2015 11:44 pm

stuck in Minor 3rd & Major 3rd - Harmonic (common tone)

When the upper tone is common, the first interval is a major third and to create the second interval the bottom tone is raised to make a minor third, this new interval sounds more major to me. Conversely, when the upper tone is common, the first interval is a minor third and the bottom tone is lower...