Search found 1952 matches

by Quentin
May 22, 2019 12:31 am
Forum: Support
Topic: 3.6 rhythmic dictation
Replies: 1
Views: 308

Re: 3.6 rhythmic dictation

Hi, They work here on my PC, so we need to find why they're not working on your computer. Are you sure you're using the NUMPAD digits and not those from the upper row of your comuter keyboard? For the latency issues, have you tried to change the latency compensation setting in the preferences of Ear...
by Quentin
May 10, 2019 2:51 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Can't hit high notes
Replies: 7
Views: 3809

Re: Can't hit high notes

Your post made us think a lot about this aspect of the beginner's course, so we have started a public poll/discussion on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/earmaster
by Quentin
May 09, 2019 1:47 am

Initially, the Beginner's Course used the vocal range selected by the user. Then we had a lot of complaints that the F-clef and the C-clef were not suitable for beginners. Therefore we changed it to always use the G-clef, allowing users to sing their answers in any octave. It's not easy to make ever...
by Quentin
May 08, 2019 12:52 am

It is common practice to introduce the treble clef before moving on to other clefs in courses for beginners. Since not all users have a voice range within the treble clef, EarMaster lets the users sing the pitches in any octave they find comfortable and transposes weverything automatically. If you h...
by Quentin
May 07, 2019 4:41 am

Hi,

In the Beginner's course, you'll only get questions in the G-clef regardless of your tone range, as explained in the lesson introduction. You can sing in the octave of your choice and EarMaster will transpose everything silently.
by Quentin
Apr 24, 2019 6:33 am
Topic: Problem with the notation
Replies: 3
Views: 1460

Re: Problem with the notation

Great to hear, and glad that you can resume your training now :)
by Quentin
Apr 23, 2019 1:38 am
Topic: Java Server Side Technologies
Views: 3158

Re: Java Server Side Technologies

I am not sure what you want to know. Could you please be more specific?
by Quentin
Apr 23, 2019 1:37 am
Topic: Playback Static Noise?
Replies: 9
Views: 3384

Re: Playback Static Noise?

Hi, We found a problem in the way or sound playback used resources. The fix is already availabel in the current BETA, which you can download using the download link you received in your purchase confirmation email. If the problem persists, please contact feedback@earmaster.com to reach the developme...
by Quentin
Apr 23, 2019 1:32 am
Topic: Problem with the notation
Views: 1460

Re: Problem with the notation

Hello,

This can happen if you use Windows' classic visual theme (Win 98 look). If you change to the default theme or a recent theme, notes will be displayed correctly. This has to do with the fonts (not) supported by the classic theme.
by Quentin
Mar 25, 2019 3:16 am
Topic: App often cant distinguish my voice during my interval singing,what to do?
Views: 942

Re: App often cant distinguish my voice during my interval singing,what to do?

If the problem happens in the beginning of the Beginner's Course though, then it is using either the sight-singing or singback engines. In that case, if you can't hear your voice when you click on "Hear my answer", then it means that the software is not registering your voice. IN that case, please g...
by Quentin
Mar 25, 2019 3:13 am
Topic: App often cant distinguish my voice during my interval singing,what to do?
Views: 942

Re: App often cant distinguish my voice during my interval singing,what to do?

Hello,

In the Interval Singing exercise, you need to hold the tone until it is inserted in the staff.
by Quentin
Mar 25, 2019 1:33 am
Topic: Melodic sight-singing in A minor sudden flats
Views: 322

Re: Melodic sight-singing in A minor sudden flats

Hi, this has been fixed in the latest beta, and will be part of the next update.
by Quentin
Mar 22, 2019 3:25 am
Topic: Which instrument to set for playback?
Views: 386

Re: Which instrument to set for playback?

Hello, You can easily change the sounds played by EarMaster. We chose the piano as default, because that's the one you would meet in most classrooms. But other options are available. Go to EarMaster's preferences and find the Keyboard or String settings tab. There you can select other sounds among t...
by Quentin
Mar 21, 2019 12:41 am
Topic: Score library key column
Replies: 2
Views: 420

Re: Score library key column

You are absolutely right, and it is planned for a future update.
by Quentin
Mar 18, 2019 2:59 am
Topic: Guitar interface.
Replies: 5
Views: 3285

Re: Guitar interface.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in solution to make EarMaster listen to another channel. A possible solution would be to use a virtual audio matrix/patchbay to route physical input 2 to software input 1. Something like Jack or maybe Soundflower on macOS for example. I am not sure what similar optio...