Search found 2142 matches

by Quentin
Mar 05, 2021 3:36 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Is sight singing necessary?
Replies: 2
Views: 193

Re: Is sight singing necessary?

Sight-singing is a direct connection between your inner hearing (the music you hear in your head), your sight-reading skills (the music you see) and the physical world (the music you produce as a direct connection to your hearing and sight). Practicing sight-singing will strengthen those connections...
by Quentin
Mar 04, 2021 7:56 am
Forum: Interval song examples
Topic: Descending M7 (has only one example at the moment!)
Replies: 4
Views: 5351

Re: Descending M7 (has only one example at the moment!)

Thanks, Fugl has been removed and Moussorgsky mvt 9 of Pitcures has been added :)
by Quentin
Mar 04, 2021 7:47 am
Forum: Interval song examples
Topic: Ascending Perfect 4th
Replies: 1
Views: 3847

Re: Ascending Perfect 4th

The clean guitar during the verse?
by Quentin
Mar 01, 2021 6:49 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Latency Problem during Rhythm Exercises
Views: 448

Re: Latency Problem during Rhythm Exercises

Hi Ricky, In EarMaster, input latency and output latency are not linked. SO even if you experience a big latency of the audio playback, it is not the same latency as that of the input. In EarMaster's preferences, you will find a "Latency compensation-->Input timing offset" option under Other Options...
by Quentin
Feb 18, 2021 6:23 am
Topic: beginner's course: singing exercises
Replies: 6
Views: 6384

Re: beginner's course: singing exercises

That would indeed be a very improvement for the sight-singing exercises (and the pitch matching exercise as well, I guess)
by Quentin
Feb 18, 2021 6:21 am
Topic: How to sing notes
Replies: 10
Views: 7575

Re: How to sing notes

Yes, it has been changed. Please update to the latest version to have the Beginner's course use your vocal range.
by Quentin
Feb 18, 2021 6:18 am
Topic: version histories where?
Views: 106

Re: version histories where?

Hi,

the changelog your see is dynamic, it lists all changes between the version you are currently using and the newest update.
by Quentin
Feb 18, 2021 6:09 am
Forum: Forum Francophone
Topic: Lecture et chant à vue
Views: 690

Re: Lecture et chant à vue

Bonjour,

C'est une très bonne idée ! J'en fais part de site à mes collègues.
by Quentin
Feb 02, 2021 7:14 am

Perfect pitch is singing a tone out of the blue. Singback is echoing a note you just heard, i.e. a reference that you have to match with the same note. Those are 2 completely different tasks. EarMaster can be used for perfect pitch testing if you set up a sight-singing exercise with only one note an...
by Quentin
Feb 02, 2021 2:33 am
Topic: results and statistics
Views: 160

Re: results and statistics

Hi

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. This has already been submitted by other users in the past, and we think it's a great idea, so it's already on our to-do :)
by Quentin
Feb 02, 2021 2:32 am

Hi The singback exercises were made train your pitch memory and intonation. Having a visual cue while you are answering the exercises would be counterproductive, as you would not rely on your ears but on your eyes to reproduce the notes. If you want to practice with visual aid, I would recommend the...
by Quentin
Jan 29, 2021 2:22 am
Topic: Midi not connecting to E7
Views: 984

Re: Midi not connecting to E7

Hi For MIDI input, there are 2 places to look at: 1. Preferences: make sure you have selected your MIDI Device in the MIDI IN section. 2. In the exercise window, open the exercise option s(top right of the screen) and enable MIDI IN with the corresponding switch If you have done that but it doesn't ...
by Quentin
Jan 28, 2021 1:06 am
Topic: Metronome Lead-in
Replies: 4
Views: 5820

Re: Metronome Lead-in

I don't know how it has been prioritized on the gigantic to-do of the develoment team, but I know it has been added. If you need more details, you are welcome to contact the development team directly (see earlier message), but unfortunately I know for sure that there are a lot of very crucial ongoin...
by Quentin
Jan 18, 2021 4:11 am
Forum: EarMaster on iOS
Topic: Poor mic sensitivity
Replies: 3
Views: 1815

Re: Poor mic sensitivity

Are you experiencing the same problem without Earpods (i.e. with the iPhone's regular built-n mic)?
by Quentin
Jan 15, 2021 2:39 am
Topic: No sound duricng recording (bluetooth)
Views: 541

Re: No sound duricng recording (bluetooth)

Hello, If you don't see a microphone image at the bottom of your screen, then maybe Mic Input is not selected an answering method. To solve this, open the Exercise Options (top right corner of the screen) and choose "Microphone" as lower interface. If you do see at mic at the bottom of the screen, a...