Search found 37 matches

by BillM
Jan 28, 2023 6:45 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: melodic/rhythmic sight singing idea
Replies: 11
Views: 14475

Re: melodic/rhythmic sight singing idea

I use EarMaster with a wide range of students. In an earlier version, students were able to answer the question immediately or wait a bar or more to answer it. My critique was that the student could wait for several bars while studying the question. I found this to be ok for some situations, but for...
by BillM
Jan 26, 2023 7:30 am

My problem with that is if you remove the rhythmic value, there is no melody.
by BillM
Jan 18, 2023 7:37 pm

Will the Key on trigger for recording the answer be restored?
by BillM
Nov 01, 2022 5:51 am
Topic: time limit for an entire lesson?
Replies: 2
Views: 1407

Re: time limit for an entire lesson?

or just a timer for the entire lesson.
by BillM
Oct 31, 2022 10:56 am
Topic: time limit for an entire lesson?
Views: 1407

time limit for an entire lesson?

I have thought about how it would be nice to have the option to set a time limit for an entire lesson.

Has this feature ever been considered?
by BillM
Sep 13, 2022 7:34 am
Topic: accessing Preferences
Replies: 3
Views: 393

Re: accessing Preferences

There is no problem at my home studio when it is just me. However, I also use EarMaster in my lesson studio with various students. I also have two keyboards (one for me and the other for the student) hooked up to the computer, which I might want to change on the fly. As I was writing this, I just ca...
by BillM
Sep 13, 2022 7:04 am

EarMaster 7.3.58 BETA I have Windows 10. The way I see the current update: When Auto new question is set to Always, Auto begin record is LOCKED to On. (One might like the flow of auto new questions, but might want the option to hear the metronome for more than one bar before recording.) When Auto ne...
by BillM
Sep 12, 2022 8:27 am
Topic: accessing Preferences
Replies: 3
Views: 393

accessing Preferences

Currently, "Preferences" (the gear-like icon) is only available from the home screen. If you started a lesson and decided to change a setting, you need to cut the lesson short to go back to the home screen. I think it would be convenient if the icon for preferences was accessible from any ...
by BillM
Sep 12, 2022 6:22 am

I just tried it with a custom exercise, a workbook and a built-in general workshop. I noticed that if Auto new question is set to always , then Auto begin record will be locked to the On position. I then set Auto new question to Disabled and saw that I could turn Auto begin record on and off. Howeve...
by BillM
Sep 09, 2022 8:12 am

I see that the recording of the answer now begins automatically. That would be a nice option for some users at a particular level. The problem now is that the key on trigger for recording seems to be gone now. I have many students with various levels of ability. Is there a way to get the key on reco...
by BillM
Jul 06, 2022 1:56 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: trouble adding credits
Replies: 1
Views: 500

trouble adding credits

I just purchased some credits to add to my account. I received an email confirming the purchase. In the email, it reads, "If you already have an EarMaster Cloud account, then please tell us your School Account ID so that we may add the credits you just purchased". Who do I tell? There is n...
by BillM
Jan 06, 2022 12:44 pm

melodic/rhythmic sight singing idea

In Melodic sight singing (and rhythmic sight singing) the recording of the answer is not triggered until a sound or midi note is detected by EarMaster. Normally, I don't see this as a problem. However, I have seen some students of mine wait for several bars before doing the exercise so they could st...
by BillM
Jun 18, 2021 7:43 am
Topic: Melody Singback feature request
Replies: 4
Views: 2490

Re: Melody Singback feature request

I have build 7.2.49 I set up a custom exercise to reproduce the problem Source – pitch and rhythm Largest interval – major 3rd Ambitus – major 3rd Last tone – tonic Pitch range – C3 to F3 Keys – random Continuous call-response This where I got the crash. I did solve the problem by making a small cus...
by BillM
Jun 17, 2021 7:27 am
Topic: Melody Singback feature request
Replies: 4
Views: 2490

Melody Singback feature request

Would it be possible to have a custom pitch range that could follow key changes in Melody Singback? I have developed some lessons for Melody Singback exercises. The workbooks/modules have themes such as “Egypt, Blues, Japan, etc. The exercises are set to a single key. One reason is that the custom k...
by BillM
Jun 15, 2021 4:22 pm
Topic: Rhythm Error Detection
Views: 1773

Re: Rhythm Error Detection

I would like to add that you could choose other percussion instruments for these exercises. The hand claps are just the default sound.