Search found 10 matches

by mpl
Aug 14, 2007 2:56 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Bug in build 578P... I think
Replies: 2
Views: 7159

Bojan, It took me 30 seconds to decide whether that was D# or Eb (finally went with D# because we were going up). Anyway, I thought the aim of this lesson was to think tonally and use solfage syllables to express the differences. I think I'll have to either update my thinking or the program though :...
by mpl
Aug 13, 2007 4:26 am
Topic: Bug in build 578P... I think
Views: 7159

Bug in build 578P... I think

Hello, I think I just found a bug in EarMaster Pro 5 build 578P. When studying lesson 24 of Interval Identification in Standard Tutor, I was given notes F# and G, of which only G comes to my head when thinking Bb major scale. Here's the screen: http://effect.ovh.org/bug.png If I am right, the Bb maj...
by mpl
Aug 12, 2007 6:29 am
Topic: How long is it taing people to get through the excercises.
Views: 7142

Dear Greenstratman, I highly encourage You to identify intervals using melodies at first, then move on to scales. Just sing the melody from the 1st sound given, if it sounds strange, it's not that interval. Takes a little practice, but once You know the melody really good You should be able to recog...
by mpl
Jul 27, 2007 12:48 pm
Topic: What type of Music do you listen to mostly?
Replies: 20
Views: 43876

"Rap has been added, and I think it'll prove useless but it's a popular genre so it ought to be mentioned.

Techno falls under the Electronica category, like Ambient, Disco, Jungle, etc... "

I listen to neither, but good to know my post helped.
by mpl
Jul 26, 2007 7:10 am

"because they think their favourite band or musician is very special." True. "An exotic voyage through remarkably varying music styles, abandoning the rules of European music and going deep into the celestial world of emotion". Oh yes, 2 different styles. Rap/Techno. The story ab...
by mpl
Jul 26, 2007 4:00 am
Topic: How to determine perfect pitch?
Replies: 21
Views: 54926

Is that so? My ex-teacher asked me to sing what he plays, and he wasn't really surprised when I could do it.

Michael
by mpl
Jul 26, 2007 1:07 am
Topic: Interval Examples
Replies: 19
Views: 104070

Hello, I decided to attach my list as well, for it helped me to recognize all intervals up to octave. MINOR 2nd (this one's rather easy though, if You can't insert anymore semitones between between the 2 notes it's a m2) Al Di Meola - Mediterranean Sundance MAJOR 2nd (I go chromatics to recognize th...
by mpl
Jul 26, 2007 12:11 am

Hello, Please don't cheer me up. I asked how do I determine it, not what can I still do without it. Is it crucial for absolute hearing (that's the exact term in Polish) to be developed in early years of life? Is it that? Reproducing... say, 3 days after listening? Is that right? Technicals please. M...
by mpl
Jul 25, 2007 11:30 am

How to determine perfect pitch?

Hello, this is my first topic,

I would like to know how to determine if You have perfect pitch. People from music schools and jazz guitarists often say 'You just know it. Perfect pitch is when You...'. B*******. Please refrain from replying that.

Thank You for reading my topic,
Michal
by mpl
Jul 25, 2007 11:26 am

Re: Favorite music

"there are speed metal, melodic metal, trash metal, death metal, black metal which I don't like, though http://www.opeth.com/" I believe Opeth is death metal (I don't know that band at all though). I think You really should put "Others" in that list. I would vote for that, I list...