Search found 5 matches

by Nick
Aug 16, 2007 8:17 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Remove the need for midi note off in the rhythm exercises.
Replies: 0
Views: 5010

Remove the need for midi note off in the rhythm exercises.

It sucks how there has to be a note off message before earmster will accept another note on in the rhythm exercises. It means you have to play really staccato to make sure that every note is counted (especially in the standard rhythm reading exercises from lesson 30+, when the notes get really close...
by Nick
Aug 16, 2007 8:03 pm
Topic: Next version: Add sight reading exercises
Replies: 0
Views: 5292

Next version: Add sight reading exercises

I love earmaster and all its does, but for the next version I think some random sight reading exercises should be included. There is already rhythm reading, melodic dictation, and chord identification. Why not combine them all? 8-) I'd also be cool if you could chose between 1 or two staves and the ...
by Nick
Aug 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Mac Boot Camp and EarMaster 5?
Replies: 5
Views: 10662

I figured out that you can synchronize the rhythms under midi options, so the rhythm exercises are still usable.

The only other problem now is that it crashes from time to time when I switch between Hans and customized exercises.
by Nick
Aug 16, 2007 7:50 pm
Topic: My Alternate Wav file for those with latency
Replies: 1
Views: 5195

My Alternate Wav file for those with latency

Hi everyone, I've been using Earmaster on Bootcamp with my Mac Book Pro (which has lead to latency). In order to use the rhythm exercises I had to synchronize the rhythms (midi devices option under tools). However that default clap sound that's then used sounds terrible. This is because when you lif...
by Nick
Aug 05, 2007 10:19 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Mac Boot Camp and EarMaster 5?
Replies: 5
Views: 10662

Running earmaster on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp.

I've just installed my copy of Earmaster to Windows XP via boot camp on my brand new Macbook Pro (2.2ghz). There is some major latency (maybe around a third of a second) both from the laptop and my midi keyboard, which makes the rhythm exercises totally useless. Does anyone know of any tweaks I coul...