Search found 12 matches

by JingleDjango
May 22, 2020 7:33 am
Forum: Support
Topic: EM7 - Sight Singing Pitch Recognition
Replies: 49
Views: 48695

Re: EM7 - Sight Singing Pitch Recognition

I can't hear myself well with headphones on so I haven't been wearing them.

My previous post includes a link to a video with audio. What do you need to see on my screen beyond the EM7 window?
by JingleDjango
May 19, 2020 6:38 am

I gave up with EM7 a couple years ago because of this pitch detection issue. Updated the client and came back to it yesterday hoping whatever the problem was would have been resolved by now but I'm still getting the same frustrating issues impeding my progress. Just wanted to inform the developers. ...
by JingleDjango
Feb 20, 2018 8:20 am

Sorry for the late reply, Quentin. I'll do this this week when I find a moment.
by JingleDjango
Feb 05, 2018 11:18 am

Yes I checked that as well and it sounds fine.
by JingleDjango
Feb 01, 2018 9:23 am

No, my input levels are between -18dBFS and 0dbFS and sound undistorted. I confirmed this by simultaneously recording the microphone input to a DAW .
by JingleDjango
Jan 26, 2018 9:57 am

Sometimes I can sing in another octave but my range is limited. There are a couple problem notes that are consistently mis-interpreted so now I ignore the feedback I get and move on.
by JingleDjango
Jan 15, 2018 11:30 am

It's definitely more accurate if I sing La rather than Re, though I was hoping to re-enforce the solfège system by singing the syllables. If it's helpful I can make another video comparing La vs Re. I wonder if it's something about the timbre of my voice singing that tone. It's a shame because I'm r...
by JingleDjango
Jan 12, 2018 12:00 pm

EM7 is consistently misinterpreting certain notes still, making it very frustrating to do the singing exercises. I've tried the microphone configuration tool as suggested and my input level is in the Ideal Volume range. I took a screen recording of the activity and cut it down to the relevant bits (...
by JingleDjango
Jan 11, 2018 8:02 am

Thanks Quentin. I'm not sure why it was defaulting to Piano for that exercise. MIDI In was checked, but only because I was using a keyboard for earlier exercises. Switching the lower instrument to microphone solved my issue.
by JingleDjango
Jan 09, 2018 5:45 am

Thank you, Quentin. Increasing the input gain has improved things, generally. I'm still getting some misread pitches but it's less distracting. Another odd behaviour: In Beginner's Course 6.2 - Pitch Matching the program directs me to match pitch by singing but it only accepts MIDI input. It doesn't...
by JingleDjango
Jan 08, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks for your reply, Quentin. I should have mentioned that I'm wearing headphones and that the input is ~-18dBFS.
by JingleDjango
Jan 06, 2018 12:46 pm

EM7 - Sight Singing Pitch Recognition

I'm new to Ear Master 7. I'm on the Beginner course, at the Melodic Sight-Singing module. I've had the problem of EM7 misinterpreting the pitch of my voice. A sung tone will sometimes be recognized as several half tones above or below. I've never been a singer but I don't think I'm that far off. I'm...