Search found 7 matches

by STITCH
Nov 11, 2008 7:11 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Learning new things
Replies: 7
Views: 12278

Thank you for pointing me towards it. I actually bought the book but have not gone through it properly yet. I play with a group of enthusiastic, fairly good but neanderthal musicians theory wise and the chase chart has turned out to be a very useful communicating tool although the MEGO ( My Eyes Gla...
by STITCH
Nov 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Thank you.

Yeah. Still trying to get from " Why, oh my God why, have I got to go through all this s..t" to " Why?!!" :laugh3:
There is chap who posted elsewhere on this forum that thing about " How Music really works" and that songlist.
Well worth a look at IMHO.
by STITCH
Nov 06, 2008 9:13 pm

IMHO this phenomena is related to lack of confidence and performance stress. When I started out as a lecturer my lectures were full of useless, irrelevant unconnected facts because I was trying to impress myself and my students ( I was scared they might think I am not good or might not know enough)....
by STITCH
Sep 01, 2008 8:05 pm
Topic: What is the reference note?
Replies: 2
Views: 6585

Thank you. I imagine I would have to progress very slowly through this :laugh3: Basically, if I understand you correctly, each relationship of two notes are to be treated as separate entities or units as you proceed through the song or piece. That is, if there are four notes ABCD in sequence you wou...
by STITCH
Aug 22, 2008 1:05 am
Topic: What is the reference note?
Replies: 2
Views: 6585

What is the reference note?

It should be obvious I am completely new at this eartraining thing so hopefully my question is not too basic. Having mastered to some degree the different intervals both ascending and descending ( a hell of a lot tougher) :-( I am trying to recognise interval relationships in songs. I realise there ...
by STITCH
Jul 20, 2008 8:32 pm
Topic: Interval Examples
Replies: 19
Views: 104074

Descending tritone,7th and octave still very difficult to find. Any leads?
by STITCH
Jun 22, 2008 9:04 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: How many licenses?
Replies: 1
Views: 5550

How many licenses?

I have two desktop PCs: one at home and another at work. I have successfully bought and installed the downloadable versiom of Earmaster at work ( good for lunchtime and breaks between clients). Furthermore I have a keyboard at home and I thought I could muddle through the training without the progra...