EarMaster Wishlist thread

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: EM6 Wishlist

Post by Quentin » Mar 17, 2014 6:10 am

Yes, that feature has also been requested by other users, and it is on our to-do list. There is indeed still room for improvement when it comes to the Chord Progression activity which, even though already quite comprehensive, isn't maybe on par with the rest of the software in regard to flexibility.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

Kelek
Ear training apprentice

Post by Kelek » Jun 29, 2014 3:40 am

A very small improvement that I'd appreciate would be to integrate a global timer/clock in the software.

There's one for lessons, but I'd like also a session time tracking visible so that I know how long I spent in my session. A countdown timer could also be quite convenient.

Thanks

KostaC
Ear training master

Post by KostaC » Jun 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Hello! "App Shortcuts" on a Mac somehow doesn't work with Earmaster. When i set a custom keyboard shortcut for example for new question, Earmaster is showing the new assigned shortcut in the EM menu but it doesn't work. It seems something is missing to light up the match.

"App Shortcuts" on a Mac is a tool for redesigning completely new shortcuts to any installed application. Can be found at System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts/App Shortcuts.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jul 21, 2014 1:36 am

Hi Kelec and KostaC,

@Kelec: A global timer would be a nice addition indeed. It is duly noted.

@KostaC: EarMaster doesn't support custom shortcut yet because of a limitation of the development tool we currently use for the Mac version. However, it should become possible to add this to EarMaster in the near future.

blakorpheus
Ear training rookie

Corrigez votre dernière version !!!! vite !!

Post by blakorpheus » Sep 02, 2015 2:05 am

Cours Jazz module 1 lecon 5
reproduction de ryhtmes
swing en 3/4 et 4/ , 2 mesures

Au secours !!!!!!
le cours est impossible a faire, il faut 2 mesures de décompte pour avoir le temps de capter si la mesure est 3/4 ou 4/4
ensuite il faut au moins répéter l'exemple 2 fois, sinon proposez une progression plus douce. Dès le premier exercice, on se retrouve avec des silence et des contretemps dans tous les sens...
c'est juste impraticable par rapport à la leçon précédente.
MERCI DE CORRIGER LE TIR RAPIDEMENT
(oui je ne suis pas content :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:)

pou arriver à l'excellence, il ne faut pas dégouter

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Sep 02, 2015 3:45 am

Bonjour,

Vous avez tout à fait raison. Nous allons mettre le cours Jazz à jour sous peu afin d'améliorer la progression des exercices de reproduction de rythmes. En attendant, vous pouvez simplement passer à la leçon suivante afin de ne pas perdre votre temps avec cet exercice dont la difficulté est trop élevée si tôt dans la progression.

blakorpheus
Ear training rookie

merci

Post by blakorpheus » Sep 05, 2015 1:40 am

Merci de m'avoir lu et écouté
j'attends avec intérêt et gourmandise la mise a jour :) ;)

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Apr 08, 2016 3:01 am

EM6 has been out for quite some time now, and you can get it in our shop: http://www.earmaster.com/shop.html :)

rstar
Ear training apprentice

Post by rstar » May 14, 2017 11:47 pm

courses that include volume and tempo dynamic
allow rests in the melodic trainings
have the option of playing a song you recognize certain intervals play during interval training
double instrument melodic training

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » May 16, 2017 3:17 am

Thank you for your suggestions. They have been forwarded to our development team.

lorewap3
Ear training freshman

Post by lorewap3 » Oct 04, 2017 7:59 am

This is a feature that I'm sure most might find esoteric, but I've reached a point in my ear training that it would be invaluable to me.

My chord recognition and melodic dictation is pretty advanced with the piano. I've been training on it for years though. However, it's good with the Piano, but switching out the instrument to other timbres still leaves me a novice. I constantly forget to change the instrument to another to train my ear to be less timbre focused. It'd be wonderful to be able to set it so that the midi instrument played was randomized for each question. Even better would be to set the range of instruments to choose from. I think the easiest thing to program, however, would be to just add a button on the main interface to randomize the instrument on demand. Something easier than going into preferences and doing it there.

I've been using the viola recently, and my ear has acclimated to it. So I've realized it's time to change the timbre again. But it'd be invaluable to have the timbre randomized so my ear would constantly be challenged by pitch recognition regardless of timbre.

I've been using earmaster for almost 15 years now and it's a wonderful product. I am deeply appreciative of the product at the extremely low price that it's consistently been set at.

I'm a career programmer, doing all range of desktop/web development for years. I would be more than happy to offer my help for free to add a feature like this to the existing codebase. I understand the legal obstacles and resistance to revealing the source code, but I wanted to offer nonetheless.

Thanks!

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Oct 05, 2017 5:07 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your input and your kind words on EarMaster. Actually, a few other users have requested the same feature the past years, and we have added that option to our to-do. It is however not as critical to most as other high-priority feature requests we have, but it should eventually make it to the feature list :).

If you have developing skills, we'd be happy to know more! We're not hiring right now, but we might need more hands in the future. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at info@earmaster.com and tell us more about your programming and musical backgrounds.

alex.fragiskatos
Ear training freshman

Re: EarMaster Wishlist thread

Post by alex.fragiskatos » Aug 08, 2019 1:01 pm

I just started using EarMaster this year as an educator and do like it so far. However, I do have some suggestions for the future that I did email them, but I thought I would post them in this thread too. Maybe some of these are options already and I have not figured them out. Anyways, I hope others would find these useful too.

1. More time signature options for melodic dictation and sight singing.
2. More melodic options for melodic dictation and sight singing, i.e. leaps only in the tonic triad, leaps only in the tonic triad and dominant 7th chord, etc.
3. The ability to choose the starting pitch for melodic dictation and sight singing lessons.
4. The ability to have multiple time signatures in any given lesson.
5. Proper voice leading playback in Chord Progressions for all progressions (as opposed to planing blocked chords).
6. The addition of a 4-part SATB harmonic dictation lesson, featuring proper voice leading, which asks the student to provide a chordal/roman numeral analysis. It should also have the option to transcribe any combination of the four voices.

rstar
Ear training apprentice

Post by rstar » Aug 09, 2019 3:46 pm

it would be cool to have the option to use scale identification in other intervals. so like comparing major and lydian scales in 3rds c,e,d,f.. and c,e,d,f#

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Aug 14, 2019 7:11 am

alex.fragiskatos wrote:
> I just started using EarMaster this year as an educator and do like it so
> far. However, I do have some suggestions for the future that I did email
> them, but I thought I would post them in this thread too. Maybe some of
> these are options already and I have not figured them out. Anyways, I hope
> others would find these useful too.
>
> 1. More time signature options for melodic dictation and sight singing.
> 2. More melodic options for melodic dictation and sight singing, i.e. leaps
> only in the tonic triad, leaps only in the tonic triad and dominant 7th
> chord, etc.
> 3. The ability to choose the starting pitch for melodic dictation and sight
> singing lessons.
> 4. The ability to have multiple time signatures in any given lesson.
> 5. Proper voice leading playback in Chord Progressions for all progressions
> (as opposed to planing blocked chords).
> 6. The addition of a 4-part SATB harmonic dictation lesson, featuring
> proper voice leading, which asks the student to provide a chordal/roman
> numeral analysis. It should also have the option to transcribe any
> combination of the four voices.

These are very good suggestions. We gave you a detailed answer by email, since you also sent it that way. The second point (2. More melodic options for melodic dictation and sight singing, i.e. leaps only in the tonic triad, leaps only in the tonic triad and dominant 7th chord, etc.) is already possible by using a custom scale as basis for your melodic exercises, and selecting the degrees 1-3-5 for example.

Otherwise, the way to obtain complete control over the melodic examples in EarMaster is to use MusicXML import and use your own melodies written in Notation software.