Can't save my customized exercises in version 7?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

7thmode
Ear training freshman

Can't save my customized exercises in version 7?

Post by 7thmode » Nov 17, 2017 8:33 pm

In version 6 on Windows, I saved several chord identification exercises. The file names ended in ".ear". I could open these files to perform the exercises so that I didn't have to change the customization every time. When I wanted to train on triads, I opened the triads.ear file I had previously created. When I wanted to train on 7th chords, I could open my sevenths.ear file, and so on. I had one for a bunch of custom chords with multiple tensions.

In version 7, I can't find a way to open the .ear files, and I can't find a way to create new ones. It appears to me that I will need to customize the chord identification exercise via the user interface every time I want to change from triads to 7th chords, etc. I used to train on three different ear files every day. I don't want to have to select and deselect chords every time I want to switch my exercise routines.

If there's no way to save my customized exercises in version 7, this is a major loss of functionality for me, and a great disappointment. Why remove this function/capability? This is very inconvenient, and I will go back to using version 6. Why did I pay to "upgrade" only to lose this feature? This is not an upgrade in my view.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Can't save my customized exercises in version 7?

Post by Quentin » Nov 22, 2017 5:58 am

Hello

This feature will be replaced soon by a new, better feature that implies having a library of custom presets for each activity.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

francoissmit
Ear training rookie

Post by francoissmit » Dec 02, 2019 8:10 pm

Hello, has there been any update on this? I still can't seem to find this feature in 7.1.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Dec 03, 2019 4:24 am

It's still on our to-do list

francoissmit
Ear training rookie

Post by francoissmit » Dec 03, 2019 2:55 pm

It's been two years guys. Any chance of it becoming an actual priority? It's not like it's a new feature request. This feature existed in older versions.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Dec 04, 2019 1:56 am

It does have a high priority, but there are also other critical aspects that need to be completed´and we have limited resources.

EarMaster is a new pierce of software compared to version 6. Only the musical algorithms and a few bits of interface have survived. All the rest is made from the ground up. We didn't decided to remove it., we just didn't want to reprogram it the same (lacking) way as in version 6 but want to make it better. :)

sylw
Ear training rookie

Post by sylw » Aug 04, 2021 4:35 am

I'm also one of those who really would appreciate this feature to save customized exercises. Is there any update on when it will be implemented?

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Aug 05, 2021 7:58 am

There is no scheduled date I'm afraid. The development prioritizes literally thousands of feature requests and planned improvements, so the roadmap is changing a lot along the way. For making the support request directly, you can also reach our development at feedback@earmaster.com

murmichel
Ear training apprentice

Post by murmichel » May 09, 2023 12:37 pm

It's still not there, or did I overlook it? I hope this feature will enable the use case of preparing custom exercises on the desktop based on the Music Library and share them with mobile devices.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » May 10, 2023 12:33 am

Unfortunately, it's still not there, but it's still planned and ranking high on the list of future additions.
Notice that the most effective way to make feature requests stand out from the lot is to send them via the feedback email I mentioned a few posts ago, as it arrives directly in the inbox of the dev team :)