Set language from within the app?

Need technical advice? Don't know where to find an option? Here is the right place to ask.

Moderator: Quentin

jiten
Ear training rookie

Set language from within the app?

Post by jiten » Jun 13, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi,

I just signed up for EarMaster7 subscription recently and am excited to start (or I guess, re-start) my ear-training journey! I noticed the apps, both iphone and desktop windows version, simply adopt the language of the OS. I am also on a journey to learn Spanish, so I have my OS settings on all my computers/devices set accordingly. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near proficient enough in Spanish to have any business attempting technical music theory lessons in the language (maybe some day...). Most apps I have give me a separate, in-app setting to control the language, so this isn't usually an issue for me.

I recognize that this may be an unusual situation and on the face of it, locking the language to the OS setting probably made sense, but given the app clearly includes support for several different languages built-in already, I would like to suggest adding the ability to change languages more easily. Right now, I basically have to change the entire OS setting back to English and then logout and back in again just to use this app and then repeat that process to change back to Spanish when I'm done, which is a massive pain.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Re: Set language from within the app?

Post by Quentin » Jun 15, 2020 2:18 am

Hi

You can change the language manually in EarMaster on Windows and macOS. To do that, go to the Preferences of the application and find the "Other options" section.

Once you have changed the language for EarMaster on WIN/macOS while connected to the cloud, the setting will also be applied on iOS the next time you launch the iOS app.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

jiten
Ear training rookie

Post by jiten » Jun 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi, thanks. Don't know how I missed that (think I just skimmed the settings quickly on Windows thinking they look the same as what was on iOS). Works perfectly!
Last edited by jiten on Jun 16, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jun 16, 2020 1:26 am

Great :)

Yes, that option has not been added in iOS because it goes against the design guidelines of iOS apps which require that you use the OS-wide settings.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -