android app

Discuss EarMaster, ear training, theory or music in general, ask questions and share your experience.

Moderator: Quentin

jbaker
Ear training rookie

android app

Post by jbaker » May 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Any plans for an android app? I know I would pay something for one.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » May 10, 2010 5:18 am

A lot of people are asking us for mobile versions, and that's quite understandable. A few years years ago it was PDA, then Win Mobile and iPhone, now Android... Mobile technologies are evolving extremely fast.

Right now, we are focused 100% on EM6. Hopefully, we will have the time and resources to develop a mobile version of EM after that.
- Because in Music, We're All Ears... -

jbaker
Ear training rookie

Post by jbaker » May 10, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks for the reply. It is a very nice fit for mobile because it is an ideal thing to do when you have 3 minutes of down time somewhere.

I will hang in there.

Can you point me to the road map for EM6? What new features are coming?

Thanks again.

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » May 11, 2010 3:33 am

It's absolutely true. It could be great to be able to use EarMaster in the train, in the subway, or even while sunbathing 8-) .

The exact roadmap for v.6 can't be disclosed, mainly because many of the future features don't exist in any other ear training software and we wouldn't like that others copy us before we have made them available. EarMaster 6 won't be a minor facelift like some companies have done. It will be a giant step for ear training software.

However, I can tell you that many (most) of the feature requests in the dedicated thread here on this forum are on the TO-DO list :-) .

Leptone
Ear training freshman

Re: android app

Post by Leptone » Jun 03, 2019 11:31 am

Any update in this front?

9 years later and I think it's safe to say Android and iOS are going to be around for the forcible future.

With billions of daily users on these platforms it seems mobile would be a market worth expanding into.

Thanks!

Quentin
EarMaster.com

Post by Quentin » Jun 04, 2019 12:22 am

EarMaster is already on iOS - on iPad for now and later also on iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/earmaster-music-theory/id1105030163?mt=8

There are many reasons why EarMaster is not on Android yet. Some of them are technical issues (Audio and MIDI latency for example), others are commercial issues. As soon as it becomes realistic for EarMaster to come to Android, it will happen, because of course we want the app to reach as many users as possible. :)

kohli0503
Ear training freshman

Post by kohli0503 » Nov 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Thanks for the valuable information

sanavigupta
Ear training freshman

Post by sanavigupta » Nov 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Great Post.Thank You :)